Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words,
such as said. On this page you can see how to spell said. Also,
for some words, you can find their
definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
by word of mouth
reported, rumored, made known.
given out, going around.
singing, choral, operatic, sonant, vocalic, vowel, Intonated.
aforementioned, aforesaid, same.
spoke, spoken, voiced, Babbled, Chattered, Debated, Discussed, Jabbered, Lectured, Pattered, Recited, Remarked, Talked, Tattled, Vocalized, Prattled, Preached, chitchatted, gabbed, orated.
Examples of usage:
– Six Little Bunkers at Grandpa Ford's by Laura Lee Hope
– The Affair at the Semiramis Hotel by A. E. W. (Alfred Edward Woodley) Mason
– The High Deeds of Finn and other Bardic Romances of Ancient Ireland by T. W. Rolleston
– The Sunny Side of Diplomatic Life, 1875-1912 by Lillie DeHegermann-Lindencrone
– The Maids Tragedy by Francis Beaumont and John Fletcher