- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as permitted. On this page you can see how to spell permitted. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of permitted
- Correct spelling:
- permitted (adjective)
- released, approved, blessed, tolerated, consented, licensed, enfranchised, sanctioned, authorized, allowed.
- authorized (verb)
- consented, entitled, countersigned, authorized, deputized, designated, confirmed, empowered, commissioned, assented, licensed, validated, notarized, enfranchised, warranted, authenticated, approved, blessed, enabled, ordained, certified, sanctioned, denominated, agreed, affirmed.
- approved (verb)
- underwritten, confirmed, authenticated, consented, approbated, sanctioned, approved, affirmed, underwrote, accepted, validated, authorized, ratified, endorsed, certified, assented.
- dismissed (verb)
- relieved, liberated, excused, licensed, dismissed, released, dispelled, discharged, reprieved, absolved, stayed, exempted, privileged, pardoned, freed, excepted.
- permitted (verb)
- released, conceded, consented, sanctioned, approved, tolerated, let, blessed, licensed, enfranchised, condoned, authorized, allowed.
- authorized (adjective)
- ordained, approved, agreed, designated, blessed, sanctioned, deputized, enabled, entitled, warranted, notarized, authenticated, licensed, countersigned, authorized, enfranchised, affirmed, confirmed, commissioned, validated, empowered, certified.
- enabled (verb)
- facilitated, empowered, authorized, allowed, licensed, commissioned, enabled.
- Other synonyms:
- suffered, favored, allowable, vouchsafed, legalized, chartered, permissible, accorded, indulged.
- Common misspellings:
- permited (73%)
- premitted (18%)
- permitied (1%)
- permittted (1%)
- Examples of usage:
I know I shall be sorry that I have permitted you to find me in a black mood like this, but I feel that I must tell you. - - "She Buildeth Her House", Will Comfort.
But when it was to purpose, and the vessel now took in much water, Caesar finding himself in such danger in the very mouth of the river, much against his will permitted the master to turn back. - - "She Buildeth Her House", Will Comfort. no - "Plutarch-Lives-of-the-noble-Grecians-and-Romans", Clough, Arthur Hugh.
The Indian boy enjoyed such a life as almost all boys dream of and would choose for themselves if they were permitted to do so. - - "She Buildeth Her House", Will Comfort. no - "Plutarch-Lives-of-the-noble-Grecians-and-Romans", Clough, Arthur Hugh. - "Indian Boyhood", [AKA Ohiyesa], Charles A. Eastman.
- I know I shall be sorry that I have permitted you to find me in a black mood like this, but I feel that I must tell you.
Discover what are words like permitted. Discover what is a synonym for permitted. Discover what is another word for permitted. Discover what is an alternative word for permitted. Discover what are more words for permitted.