Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words,
such as things. On this page you can see how to spell things. Also,
for some words, you can find their
definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
article of clothing
effects, baggage, gear, conditions, clothes, stuff, possessions, chattels, duds, goods.
garb, attire, Toggery, hand-me-down.
balls in air, irons in fire, wire pulling.
things, tangibles, possession.
objects, units, Bodies, articles, substances, materials.
Examples of usage:
– Lover or Friend by Rosa Nouchette Carey
– The Wings of the Dove, Volume 1 of 2 by Henry James
– Bohemians of the Latin Quarter by Henry Murger
– An Old Man's Love by Anthony Trollope
– Slave Narratives: a Folk History of Slavery in the United States From Interviews with Former Slaves, North Carolina Narratives, Part 2 by Work Projects Administration