Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words,
such as on. On this page you can see how to spell on. Also,
for some words, you can find their
definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
on board, in transit.
bordering, Beside, near.
into the open, alee.
in contact; ahead of
close to, next, situated on, forth, Beside, touching, Against, onward, on top of, supported, Upon, near, leaning on, over, forward, covering, With, held, above, adjacent, approaching, Toward, about, resting on, at.
and so forth
in addition, also.
ahead, onward, forward.
above, about, touching, Upon, under, covering, underneath.
near to, appearing in, in the vicinity of, situated at, placed at, found in.
Examples of usage:
– Three Comedies by Björnstjerne M. Björnson Commentator: R. Farquharson Sharp
– The Curlytops on Star Island by Howard R. Garis
– Moods by Louisa May Alcott
– The Awkward Age by Henry James
– True Christianity by Johann Arndt