Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words,
such as Ceased. On this page you can see how to spell Ceased. Also,
for some words, you can find their
definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Refrained, broken, ended, Stayed, suspended, closed, Culminated, terminated, halted, interrupted, stopped, discontinued, quit, abandoned, Paused.
broke, Desisted, Remitted.
Perished, fallen, departed, Succumbed, fell, Passed, parted.
exited, expired, winded up, passed away, Died, accomplished, finished, passed on, deceased, finalized, capped, Checkmated, concluded, wrapped up, wound up, completed.
gave up, resigned, relinquished, given up, surrendered, Withdrew, withdrawn.
Renounced, rejected, accepted, Vacated, retired, Disclaimed, Abdicated.
frozen, held, Froze.
Examples of usage:
– Project Gutenberg, Deep Waters, by W.W. Jacobs by W.W. Jacobs
– A Venetian June by Anna Fuller
– The Brightener by C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson
– The Hour and the Man An Historical Romance by Harriet Martineau
– The Weavers, Complete by Gilbert Parker Last Updated: March 14, 2009