Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words,
such as but. On this page you can see how to spell but. Also,
for some words, you can find their
definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
just, simply, but, only, merely.
one and only, singularly.
however, although, moreover, per contra, still, nevertheless, though, yet, furthermore, Albeit.
moreover, Howbeit, for that, nevertheless, furthermore, without regard to, yet, be that as it may, after all, Albeit, in spite of, though, however, for all that, although, still, withal, on the other hand.
no more than, at most, nothing but.
in spite of that.
just, merely, simply, only.
indicating an exception
except, aside from, Omitting, passing over, disregarding, not including, Without, barring.
nevertheless, although, however, still, though, yet, on the other hand.
Examples of usage:
– The Claverings by Anthony Trollope
– Heartbreak House by George Bernard Shaw
– Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete Transcribed From The Shorthand Manuscript In The Pepysian Library Magdalene College Cambridge By The Rev. Mynors Bright by Samuel Pepys Commentator: Lord Braybrooke
– A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen
– The Limit by Ada Leverson