- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as yearning. On this page you can see how to spell yearning. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of yearning
- Correct spelling:
- hopeful (adjective)
- optimistic, expectant, aspiring, faithful, desirous, sure, eager, hopeful.
- envious (adjective)
- green-eyed, covetous, discontented, resentful, dissatisfied, greedy, envious, grudging, desirous, begrudging.
- desire (noun)
- thirst, urge, expectation, ardency, longing, itch, passion, covetousness, eagerness, hope, craving, fondness, need, acquisitiveness, desire, amorousness, wish, lust, hunger, greed.
- envying (verb)
- grudging, envying, begrudging, resenting, coveting, desiring.
- desiring (verb)
- pining, needing, itching, expecting, desiring, hoping, thirsting, wanting, grasping, longing, wishing, coveting, fancying, craving, welcoming, hungering, hankering, lusting.
- hoping (verb)
- trusting, expecting, contemplating, hoping, assuming, relying, awaiting, aspiring, wanting, anticipating, wishing, desiring, presuming, intending, dreaming of, believing.
- desirous (adjective)
- passionate, thirsting, fond, ardent, itching, hungry, needful, covetous, expectant, hankering, desirous, grasping, lusting, acquisitive, eager, amorous, urgent, longing, hopeful, greedy.
- hope (noun)
- presumption, desire, expectation, sureness, aspiration, wish, hope, contemplation, optimism, faith, eagerness, confidence, anticipation.
- Other synonyms:
- longing, sad, wistful.
- Common misspellings:
- yerning (57%)
- yearing (12%)
- yurning (12%)
- yarning (11%)
- yourning (4%)
- yaerning (4%)
- Examples of usage:
He went on in a rapid undertone, as if he were trying to supply briefly what he knew the woman beside him must be yearning to know, if not quite unlike other women. - - "Somehow Good", William de Morgan.
As for the lady, we rather think she made up her mind in the course of the night that if her family were going to interfere with her love- affairs, she would let them know what it was to have people yearning for other people in the house. - - "Somehow Good", William de Morgan. - "Somehow Good", William de Morgan.
He lived again the great moments- all the Indian that were identified with Carlin- perfect lessons of mercy she had taught him, through the very yearning of his own heart in her presence to be worthy of days with her. - - "Somehow Good", William de Morgan. - "Somehow Good", William de Morgan. afterglows - "Son of Power", Will Levington Comfort and Zamin Ki Dost.
- He went on in a rapid undertone, as if he were trying to supply briefly what he knew the woman beside him must be yearning to know, if not quite unlike other women.
Discover what are words like yearning. Discover what is a synonym for yearning. Discover what is another word for yearning. Discover what is an alternative word for yearning. Discover what are more words for yearning.