- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as worthy. On this page you can see how to spell worthy. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of worthy
- Correct spelling:
- good person (noun)
- gentleman, model, paragon, gentlewoman, angel, hero, good man, salt of the earth, good example, good woman, saint.
- respectable (adjective)
- estimable, good, virtuous, noble, blameless, righteous, irreproachable, untarnished, creditable, principled, right-minded, respectable, honorable, saintly, true, unimpeachable, fair, upstanding, pure, forthright, honest, law-abiding, moral, angelical.
- virtuous (adjective)
- heroic, taintless, high-minded, estimable, moral, noble, guiltless, pure, good, creditable, uncorrupted, valorous, unspotted, righteous, virtuous, decent, clean, ethical, respectable, unsullied, faultless, upstanding, honorable, blameless, angelical.
- deserving (adjective)
- good (adjective)
- pleasant, nice, five-star, commendable, benign, fine, praiseworthy, splendid, exemplary, good, worthwhile, admirable, excellent, beneficial, topnotch, first-rate, favorable, laudable.
- Other synonyms:
- praiseworthy, noteworthy, eligible, meritable, worthwhile, magna cum laude, commendable, respectable, creditable, honorable, deserving, solid, meriting, desirable, honourable, noble, worth, applaudable, cum laude, summa cum laude, sacred, valuable, upstanding, honoured, notable, quotable, worthful, suitable, laudable, meritorious, good, model, honored, exemplary.
- Common misspellings:
- worthly (22%)
- worhty (18%)
- worthey (12%)
- worty (10%)
- wothy (8%)
- worhy (5%)
- wrothy (5%)
- won'thy (4%)
- worthty (3%)
- wearthy (3%)
- worthley (2%)
- worthhey (2%)
- wirthy (2%)
- Examples of usage:
Between father and son, therefore, the worthy was full of business, and at her end. - Mrs. Tibbets wit's - "Bracebridge Hall, or The Humorists", Washington Irving.
At the same time a worthy man, was killed. - Mrs. Tibbets wit's - "Bracebridge Hall, or The Humorists", Washington Irving. Mr. Swaineau, - "A Sketch of the Life of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion", William Dobein James.
" Is there a man among you who can say, I am worthy of freedom? - Mrs. Tibbets wit's - "Bracebridge Hall, or The Humorists", Washington Irving. Mr. Swaineau, - "A Sketch of the Life of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion", William Dobein James. - "They Call Me Carpenter", Upton Sinclair.
- Between father and son, therefore, the worthy was full of business, and at her end.
Discover what are words like worthy. Discover what is a synonym for worthy. Discover what is another word for worthy. Discover what is an alternative word for worthy. Discover what are more words for worthy.