- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as wit. On this page you can see how to spell wit. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of wit
- Correct spelling:
- wit (noun)
- ingeniousness, urbanity, canniness, deftness, subtleness, trickiness, drollness, wiliness, adroitness, foxiness, comedy, intellect, quickness, inventiveness, slyness, cunningness, scintillation, resourcefulness, irony, craftiness, sharpness, cleverness, facility, astuteness, humor, scurrility, sophistry, artfulness, finesse, shrewdness, brilliance.
- experience (noun)
- sophistication, practice, background, proficiency, competence, wisdom, experience, savoir-faire.
- humorist (noun)
- scriptwriter, comedian, columnist, humorist, jester, card, dramatist, actor, prankster, cutup, word smith, comic, gagman, joker, essayist, playwright, buffoon, funnyman, clown, belletrist, author, punster, copywriter, writer, wag, banterer.
- cunning (noun)
- deviousness, guile, finesse, mastery, trickiness, deftness, smoothness, foxiness, subtlety, art, slickness, cleverness, cunning, shrewdness, sly, ingenuity, astuteness, wariness, facility, artfulness, craftiness, snakiness, canniness, wiliness, quickness, slipperiness, ingeniousness, sharpness, skill.
- Other synonyms:
- daylights, shake, batting order, fun, waggery, jocosity, circuit board, clarity, jocularity, sally, ludicrousness, lucidness, humour, horse sense, genius, sense of humor, intelligence, lineup, brainpower, notice, levelheadedness, careful, reason, mood, farceur, wittiness, visiting card, burlesque, pun, body fluid, sanity, raillery, badinage, comicality, brain, perceptiveness, temper, keenness, soundness, helpless, comicalness, playfulness, judgment, smart, joke, scorecard, liquid body substance, carte, wisecracker, jocoseness, discrimination, comedy of errors, board, droll, perspicacity, bodily fluid, a figure of fun, common sense, psyche, quip, pleasantry, saneness, gagster, mind-set, caginess, acumen, funniness, sense, circuit card, bill of fare, nose, discernment, slapstick, policy, sageness, discretion, mentality, zany, repartee, sensibleness, zaniness, plug-in, farcicality, gagger, sense of humour, ability, discreetness, mental capacity, at a loss, knowingness, witticism, aphorism, calling card, marbles, vision, be (always) good for a laugh, satire, banter, wise guy, placard, hardheadedness, levity, ridiculousness, hopeless, whimsy, mastermind, humor, good-time Charlie, add-in, posting, eye, drollery, wisecrack, encephalon, clear-sightedness, marble, bill, card, head, learning ability, epigram, quipster, troubled, identity card, facetiousness, gumption, waggishness, penetration, hilarity, waggle, jest, humor, humorousness, percipiency, poster, witticism, nous, brainiac, understanding, mind, outlook, sagacity, desperate, carte du jour, intuition, percipience, wag, menu, laughing stock, laughter, mindset, jokester, prudence, sane, lucidity.
- Common misspellings:
- witt (60%)
- wiht (12%)
- witj (8%)
- wite (4%)
- witn (4%)
- wiat (4%)
- whitt (4%)
- weit (4%)
- Examples of usage:
If you've a wit o' your own, learn a little of folks that have some to spare. - no - "Anna St. Ives", Thomas Holcroft.
And I have found out this, to wit: How right I was! - no - "Anna St. Ives", Thomas Holcroft. - "Something Else Again", Franklin P. Adams.
The wit, therefore, and none other, must supply what is wanting. - no - "Anna St. Ives", Thomas Holcroft. - "Something Else Again", Franklin P. Adams. author's - "The Craft of Fiction", Percy Lubbock.
- If you've a wit o' your own, learn a little of folks that have some to spare.
Discover what are words like wit. Discover what is a synonym for wit. Discover what is another word for wit. Discover what is an alternative word for wit. Discover what are more words for wit.