- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as vegetable. On this page you can see how to spell vegetable. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of vegetable
- Correct spelling:
- vegetation (noun)
- tree, shrub, legume, flower, flora, grass, vegetation, vine, fungus, moss, wort, algae, fruit, fern, weed, herb, grain, plant.
- vegetable (noun)
- string beans, asparagus, celery, broccoli, okra, artichoke, beet, eggplant, radish, turnip, lentils, romain, pepper, cucumber, Brussels sprouts, collard greens, potato, carrot, parsley, chard, green beans, maize, cauliflower, beans, chive, tomato, corn, leek, rice, yam, rutabaga, spinach, parsnip, endive, squash, shallot, mushroom, onion, water cress, cabbage, sweet potato, zucchini, pumpkin, Lima beans, lettuce, peas.
- Other synonyms:
- couch potato, stationary, vegetal, humble, lunatic, vegetative, bush, blooming, bum, dull, inactive, blossoming, cereal, convenience food, hunchback, vegetational, annual, base, lump, cripple, baby food, aphrodisiac, deadbeat, comfort food, mild, dwarf, slob, slowpoke, madwoman, seedlike, bean, carbohydrate, cactus, humpback, bedding plant, rootlike, floral, stalklike, lowly, growing, monotonous, veggie, dairy, passenger, imbecile, madman, climber, backward, confectionery, alpine, layabout, stagnant, comatose, quiet, parasite, veg, stupid, passive, creole, inert, brassica, unthinking, clone, goldbrick, stemlike.
- Common misspellings:
- vegtable (41%)
- vegatable (26%)
- vegitable (22%)
- vegtible (1%)
- vegetble (1%)
- Examples of usage:
If the food is long in cooking, the water may have more value than the vegetable, and it should not be thrown away. - - "Ontario Teachers' Manuals: Household Management", Ministry of Education.
A moderate amount of fat, in the form of butter, can be given with this vegetable diet if desired. - - "Ontario Teachers' Manuals: Household Management", Ministry of Education. - "The Starvation Treatment of Diabetes", Lewis Webb Hill Rena S. Eckman.
The vegetable garden was so near that the ceremony could be very quickly performed. - - "Ontario Teachers' Manuals: Household Management", Ministry of Education. - "The Starvation Treatment of Diabetes", Lewis Webb Hill Rena S. Eckman. - "The Princess of the School", Angela Brazil.
- If the food is long in cooking, the water may have more value than the vegetable, and it should not be thrown away.
Discover what are words like vegetable. Discover what is a synonym for vegetable. Discover what is another word for vegetable. Discover what is an alternative word for vegetable. Discover what are more words for vegetable.