- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as trumpet. On this page you can see how to spell trumpet. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of trumpet
- Correct spelling:
- celebrate (verb)
- revel, make merry, cheer, exult, praise, memorialize, enjoy, hail, jubilate, carouse, honor, salute, hallow, party, laud, glorify, inaugurate, rejoice, commemorate, celebrate, proclaim, frolic, fete, solemnize, acclaim, venerate, observe.
- musical instrument (noun)
- harmonica, violin, cello, electric piano, trombone, viola, English horn, violincello, alto saxophone, French horn, classical guitar, harp, keyboard, harpsichord, saxophone, electric guitar, organ, oboe, horn, drum, piccolo, clarinet, fiddle, bass, guitar, piano, tenor saxophone, banjo, flute, recorder, bassoon.
- Other synonyms:
- cornet, horn.
- Common misspellings:
- trumphet (38%)
- trumpit (19%)
- tumpet (9%)
- trompete (9%)
- trumpiet (9%)
- trupet (9%)
- turmpet (6%)
- Examples of usage:
Having arrived in front of it, she put her hands to her mouth in trumpet form, and shouted: - ''I! - "Liza of Lambeth", W. Somerset Maugham.
And when they came home and the high gods sounded the false trumpet of peace? - ''I! - "Liza of Lambeth", W. Somerset Maugham. - "The Rough Road", William John Locke.
It was almost finished, when a trumpet blast sounded directly behind him- toward - ''I! - "Liza of Lambeth", W. Somerset Maugham. - "The Rough Road", William John Locke. Hurda. - "Son of Power", Will Levington Comfort and Zamin Ki Dost.
- Having arrived in front of it, she put her hands to her mouth in trumpet form, and shouted:
Discover what are words like trumpet. Discover what is a synonym for trumpet. Discover what is another word for trumpet. Discover what is an alternative word for trumpet. Discover what are more words for trumpet.