- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as surprise. On this page you can see how to spell surprise. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of surprise
- Correct spelling:
- amaze (verb)
- overwhelm, daze, amaze, stun, impress, bewilder, astonish, astound, dazzle.
- amazement (noun)
- shock, bewilderment, amazement, wonder, astonishment, awe.
- surprise (verb)
- stun, jolt, astonish, shock, astound, take aback, catch unawares, startle.
- surprise (noun)
- alarm (verb)
- signal, panic, alarm, startle, shock, frighten, alert, dismay, scare.
- Other synonyms:
- storm, surprisal.
- Common misspellings:
- suprise (63%)
- surprize (9%)
- surpise (8%)
- supprise (7%)
- surprice (2%)
- surpirse (2%)
- Examples of usage:
I seemed to be near some surprise. - - "Reminiscences of a South African Pioneer", W. C. Scully.
Mary exclaimed in surprise. - - "Reminiscences of a South African Pioneer", W. C. Scully. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf.
" Why, Jeffrey," said Ruth in surprise, " what do you know about the Church?" - - "Reminiscences of a South African Pioneer", W. C. Scully. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf. - "The Shepherd of the North", Richard Aumerle Maher.
- I seemed to be near some surprise.
Discover what are words like surprise. Discover what is a synonym for surprise. Discover what is another word for surprise. Discover what is an alternative word for surprise. Discover what are more words for surprise.