- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as straightforward. On this page you can see how to spell straightforward. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of straightforward
- Correct spelling:
- intelligible (adjective)
- plain, perspicuous, intelligible, coherent, legible, lucid, consistent, crisp, comprehensible, decipherable, clear, self-explanatory, direct, understandable.
- truthful (adjective)
- sincere, earnest, factual, truthful, frank, honorable, honest, trustworthy, ethical, candid.
- artless (adjective)
- overt, unrestrained, candid, honest, undeceptive, undisguised, ingenuous, unsophisticated, artless, open, downright, plain, trusting, plain-spoken, undeceitful, genuine, unaffected, un-artificial, sincere, frank, unbeguiling, direct, naive, broad, outgoing, unartful, undeceiving, blunt, natural, uncalculating, callow.
- succinct (adjective)
- clear, blunt, unpoetical, direct, honest, bald, candid, prosaic, intelligible, stark, outspoken, uncluttered, plain-spoken, unpretentious, casual, folksy, unadorned, ordinary, frank, simple, informal.
- Other synonyms:
- unequivocal, straight, direct, aboveboard, univocal, square, unambiguous.
- Common misspellings:
- straighforward (35%)
- straightfoward (28%)
- strightforward (8%)
- straigtforward (7%)
- straitforward (3%)
- starightforward (3%)
- striaghtforward (3%)
- straightforard (3%)
- straightforeward (3%)
- staightforward (2%)
- straightforword (2%)
- stainghtforwad (1%)
- straightfoeward (1%)
- straightforawrd (1%)
- straigthforward (1%)
- Examples of usage:
This is plain, straightforward labour, and cannot be looked upon as hard work. - - "Hodge and His Masters", Richard Jefferies.
Let a man only be straightforward, and the solicitor will wait rather than put the law in force. - - "Hodge and His Masters", Richard Jefferies. - "Hodge and His Masters", Richard Jefferies.
I only want three sentences, you see, something quite straightforward and commonplace, and I can't find - - "Hodge and His Masters", Richard Jefferies. - "Hodge and His Masters", Richard Jefferies. 'em." - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf.
- This is plain, straightforward labour, and cannot be looked upon as hard work.
Discover what are words like straightforward. Discover what is a synonym for straightforward. Discover what is another word for straightforward. Discover what is an alternative word for straightforward. Discover what are more words for straightforward.