- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as sporadic. On this page you can see how to spell sporadic. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of sporadic
- Correct spelling:
- capricious (adjective)
- fanciful, capricious, wayward, fickle, flighty, arbitrary, changeable, indecisive, fluctuating, scatterbrained, frivolous, volatile, impulsive, whimsical, erratic, fitful, vacillating, fly-by-night, fleeting, random, flitting.
- irregular (adjective)
- unrhythmical, fluctuating, inconstant, intermittent, uneven, variable, desultory, jerky, erratic, irregular, asymmetric, fitful, unsystematic, capricious, eccentric.
- incoherent (adjective)
- non-cohesive, loose, incoherent, disconnected, disarticulated, divergent, nonadhesive, noncontiguous, disjointed, inconsistent, unconsolidated, broken, discontinuous, detached, nonuniform, fuzzy, dispersed, lax.
- infrequent (adjective)
- uncommon, odd, infrequent, rare, isolated, unusual, occasional, sparse.
- motiveless (adjective)
- volatile, nonsystematic, capricious, fanciful, spastic, rambling, chancy, flitting, irregular, ambivalent, impulsive, wandering, haphazard, reasonless, motiveless, flighty, indecisive, unmethodical, careless, arbitrary, systemless, fleeting, fickle, wayward, adrift, whimsical, random.
- Other synonyms:
- fitful, stray, catchy, isolated, periodic, chronic, casual, unpredictable, (every) now and then/again, continue, spotty, benign, acute, communicable, choppy, clinical, autoimmune, from time to time, irregular, periodical, unsteady, sometimes, scarce, every so often, asymptomatic, advanced, occasionally, intermittent, catching, aperiodic, congenital, usual, spasmodic, scattered, episodic.
- Common misspellings:
- sporatic (75%)
- sparatic (11%)
- sparadic (4%)
- spiratic (3%)
- speratic (2%)
- sproadic (1%)
- spuratic (1%)
- sparodic (1%)
- Examples of usage:
Brawls were sporadic and usually fatal. - - "Master of the Moondog", Stanley Mullen.
Missionary effort is less sporadic than it was. - - "Master of the Moondog", Stanley Mullen. - "The Unity of Civilization", Various.
Their present station was temporary, their purpose, as obviously, to dry; and they were doing some incidental gilding on their own account, leaving blots and splashes and sporadic little round footprints on the hardwood floor. - - "Master of the Moondog", Stanley Mullen. - "The Unity of Civilization", Various. - "The Flirt", Booth Tarkington.
- Brawls were sporadic and usually fatal.
Discover what are words like sporadic. Discover what is a synonym for sporadic. Discover what is another word for sporadic. Discover what is an alternative word for sporadic. Discover what are more words for sporadic.