- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as spirit. On this page you can see how to spell spirit. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of spirit
- Correct spelling:
- courage (noun)
- boldness, courage.
- evil spirit (noun)
- nixie, monster, dwarf, hellcat, werewolf, hell-raiser, beast, ogre, daemon, genie, devil, satyr, hellion, dragon, gnome, incubus, sylph, archfiend, demon, specter, Satan, succubus, sprite, goblin, lamia, nymph, vampire, siren, hell hound, hobgoblin, freak, imp, ghoul, fiend.
- energy (noun)
- energy, force, zip, snap, drive, verve, potency, zeal, effervescence, spark, strength, stamina, pep, vigor, vim, vivacity, fervor, zing, spunk, fire, might, power, puissance, activity.
- life (noun)
- breath, vitality.
- focus (noun)
- polestar, plenum, core, epitome, soul, crux, essence, focus, funnel, forum, lure, axle, intersection, magnet, center, rally, meat, rendezvous, heart, nucleus, bottleneck, asymptote, lodestar, hub, gathering, marrow, kernel, crossing.
- ghost (noun)
- succubus, ghost, Frankenstein, nightmare, ogre, daemon, illusion, apparition, shadow, horror, vampire, ghoul, myth, phantasm, incubus, phantom, chimera, monster, Dracula, bugbear, bogey man, specter, hobgoblin, werewolf, terror, bugaboo.
- vigor (noun)
- enthusiasm, friskiness, exuberance, liveliness, vim, energy, strength, fervency, vigor, activity, puissance, ardency, earnestness, potency, sprightliness, industriousness, agitation, zeal, excitement, agility, eagerness, verve, animation, zest, lustiness, relish, gusto, passion, power.
- angel (noun)
- archangel, guardian angel, guide, cherub, angel, guardian, daemon, seraphim, cherubim, demon, guru.
- enthusiasm (noun)
- fire, excitement, ardency, zeal, fervor, enthusiasm, ardor, eagerness, fervency.
- Other synonyms:
- constitution, tactile sensation, pith, take off, being, nub, sparkle, opinion, flavour, will, savour, humor, aroma, poltergeist, mettle, feelings, bottle, expression, god, connotation, whole tone, flush out, attitude, face, grog, your inner self, disposition, bounce, aperitif, heart and soul, sprightliness, moxie, middle, nerve, nitty-gritty, borax, peppiness, olfactory property, tonicity, vein, biography, impression, emotional state, substance, aspect, smack, affection, nature, the Abominable Snowman, sweep away, bogle, dash, booze, alcohol, aliveness, gist, bogey, bleach, air freshener, ardent spirits, feel, hooch, odor, subtext, usage, feather, tactile property, olfactory perception, olfaction, sum, fortitude, drift, pure tone, smell, schtick, firewater, bogeyman, eye, centre, dislodge, haunt, temperament, doughtiness, pluckiness, instinct, fondness, notion, resolve, stoutheartedness, sensation, goddess, shade, boogeyman, outlook, vital force, valiantness, divine spark, French polish, timber, revenant, life-time, mode, gutsiness, smuggle, gravamen, root, cheer, cup, weed out, life force, intent, wraith, tone of voice, abrasive, frame of mind, sauce, purpose, LAN, braveness, aim, vivaciousness, moonshine, lifetime, design, living, be, human nature, gut, move, spook, psyche, cleanser, inebriant, looking at, bravery, pertness, absolution, stuff, life history, dynamism, breath, feeling, disinfectant, emotion, denotation, look, angelic, dishwashing liquid, significance, mood, action, brio, inclination, genius, doppelganger, strong drink, fear, ambition, esprit, sneak, psyche, pluck, blasphemous, materialization, climate, tone, intrepidness, double, spirit up, tenor, phantasma, undercurrent, undauntedness, quality, meaning, posture, aspiration, lush, step, dram, ghostly, dauntlessness, intention, flavor, conduct, juice, eidolon, familiar spirit, liquor, drink, spirits, musical note, reputation, determination, clear, motivation, get out, remove, pump, warmness, looking, blessing, vitality, potable, gallantry, belief, philia, extract, heart, creature, belt, John Barleycorn, life sentence, affectionateness, temper, whole step, thrust, take, character, tincture, note, warmheartedness, courage, disembodied spirit, valiance, fearlessness, scent, blasphemy, chaser, Bigfoot, centaur, facial expression, olfactory sensation, supernatural, tactual sensation, tonus, spunkiness, smelling, sense, foam, liveliness, dryad, sense of smell, sapidity, bosom, behavior, savor, perseverance, lifespan, rum, odour, oomph, tipple, body, valor, valiancy, personality, timbre, life, visitant, stimulant, hant, touch sensation, bunyip, article of faith, blaspheme, purport, olfactory modality, intoxicant, intuitive feeling, aqua vitae, vision, tint, courageousness, cleaner, tang, intrepidity, quintessence, ginger, inspirit, touch, life story, gameness, cocktail, inwardness, record, bless, ticker, tenderness.
- Common misspellings:
- spirt (70%)
- spririt (6%)
- spiret (5%)
- spirirt (4%)
- spirite (3%)
- sperit (3%)
- spirti (1%)
- spitrit (1%)
- sprirt (1%)
- spitit (1%)
- Examples of usage:
" Never mind the spirit from the pit," said Colwyn. - - "The Shrieking Pit", Arthur J. Rees.
Was it hope, life, a spirit? - - "The Shrieking Pit", Arthur J. Rees. - "The Invasion of France in 1814", Ã‰mile Erckmann Alexandre Chatrian.
Ever since he had read Alice letter a new spirit had been working in him. - - "The Shrieking Pit", Arthur J. Rees. - "The Invasion of France in 1814", Ã‰mile Erckmann Alexandre Chatrian. Tynemouth's - "The Judgment House", Gilbert Parker.
- " Never mind the spirit from the pit," said Colwyn.
Discover what are words like spirit. Discover what is a synonym for spirit. Discover what is another word for spirit. Discover what is an alternative word for spirit. Discover what are more words for spirit.