- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as solicit. On this page you can see how to spell solicit. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of solicit
- Correct spelling:
- appeal (verb)
- approach, request, entice, buttonhole, plead, beseech, greet, implore, invite, entreat, supplicate, apply, beg, address, appeal, accost, petition.
- request (verb)
- seek, requisition, query, desire, demand, plead, summon, urge, invite, question, wish, appeal, inquire, bid, want, probe, petition, request.
- Other synonyms:
- drum up, filch, romance, quest, hound, hawk, sue, call girl, harlot, harass, snare, ask, knock off, purloin, thieve, order, proposition, addict, pilfer, besiege, speak, require, tap, knock, hook, bug, beg, beleaguer, rob, plague, importune, dally, glom, pink, badger, coquette, mash, betray, overcharge, poll, hustle, pray, push, crochet, surcharge, tout, ask for, hit, soak, pitch, cabbage, bait, snarf, cop, pinch, attack, conjure, come up to, bespeak, nobble, seduce, gazump, pester, exploit, ho, court, rap, bordello, lead on, crave, insist on something, swipe, survey, bedevil, impetrate, tapdance, flirt, escort, brothel, philander, butterfly, courtesan, tip, lift, allure, hooker, decoy, call, claim, tempt, beset, abstract, coquet, harry, plume, sneak, boost, beguile, woo, interview, snitch, fleece, gigolo, wiretap, chat up, intercept, accost, hit on, pluck, scalp.
- Common misspellings:
- solicite (56%)
- solict (16%)
- solicate (8%)
- solisit (6%)
- solicitate (4%)
- soliciate (3%)
- solicity (2%)
- silicite (2%)
- solocit (2%)
- Examples of usage:
I could not think of such a measure, without calling upon you, the very first person, to solicit the honour of your vote." - - "Pelham, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton Last Updated: March 16, 2009.
It cannot, therefore, be pardon that we seek from him, and just as little can it be oblivion that we solicit for our actions, which are far from being the least considerable of the services we have at different times rendered his majesty. - - "Pelham, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton Last Updated: March 16, 2009. - "The Revolt of The Netherlands, Complete", Frederich Schiller.
I I'm too old to solicit business, Hood, said I. only one man to send, says he, Hopper. - - "Pelham, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton Last Updated: March 16, 2009. - "The Revolt of The Netherlands, Complete", Frederich Schiller. ' 'Then there's ' 'young - "The Crisis, Complete", Winston Churchill Last Updated: March 6, 2009.
- I could not think of such a measure, without calling upon you, the very first person, to solicit the honour of your vote."
Discover what are words like solicit. Discover what is a synonym for solicit. Discover what is another word for solicit. Discover what is an alternative word for solicit. Discover what are more words for solicit.