- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as smoothed. On this page you can see how to spell smoothed. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of smoothed
- Correct spelling:
- smoothed (verb)
- evened, planed, polished, flattened, burnished, leveled, glossed, slicked, glazed, ground, sanded.
- softened (verb)
- pacified (verb)
- calmed, cooled, tranquilized, moderated, appeased, quieted, ebbed, soothed, assuaged, mollified, quelled, placated, eased, reconciled, relieved, softened, composed, stabilized, pacified, conciliated, defused, hushed, lulled, allayed.
- flattened (verb)
- planed, flattened, compressed, graded, deflated, squished, evened, leveled.
- Other synonyms:
- ironed, smoothened.
- Common misspellings:
- smoothe (50%)
- smothed (33%)
- smooshed (6%)
- smothe (6%)
- smootherd (6%)
- Examples of usage:
She smoothed the sheets with a mixture of affectionate amusement and hope. - - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf.
Suppose it's found out, well, it must be smoothed over, covered up, and put behind the fireplace. - - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf. - "The Devil's Garden", W. B. Maxwell.
Once inside, lay down on her bed, with her back to the window, and smoothed out the torn envelope. - - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf. - "The Devil's Garden", W. B. Maxwell. Melissy - "Brand Blotters", William MacLeod Raine.
- She smoothed the sheets with a mixture of affectionate amusement and hope.
Discover what are words like smoothed. Discover what is a synonym for smoothed. Discover what is another word for smoothed. Discover what is an alternative word for smoothed. Discover what are more words for smoothed.