Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words,
such as skewer. On this page you can see how to spell skewer. Also,
for some words, you can find their
definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
agent, anchor, band, belt, binder, binding, bolt, bond, bonding, brace, bracket, brad, braid, buckle, button, catch, cement, chain, cinch, cincture, clamp, clasp, cleat, clinch, clip, closure, connector, cotter, coupling, fastener, fastening, fuse, glue, go-between, grapnel, guy, hasp, hawser, hinge, hitch, hook, knitting, knot, lace, latch, ligament, link, lock, mediator, medium, middleman, mucilage, nail, paste, pin, rabbet, rivet, seal, snap, spike, splice, staple, stay, stitch, strap, string, suture, tack, thread, tie, twine, vise, weld, zipper, Vinculum.
awl, barb, fishhook, gimlet, harpoon, pike, prong, quill, spine, thumbtack, hat pin.
arrow, auger, bit, blade, bore, die, drill, gouge, lance, needle, penetrator, point, poker, punch, puncture, spear, spur, stick, thorn, tip, Perforator.
lance, pick, pin, truss, Brochette, spit.
penetrate, perforate, pierce, poke.
Examples of usage:
– Border, Breed Nor Birth by Dallas McCord Reynolds
– A Thief in the Night by E. W. Hornung
– The Creature from Cleveland Depths by Fritz Reuter Leiber
– Dressed Game and Poultry Ã la Mode by Harriet A. de Salis
– The Cook and Housekeeper's Complete and Universal Dictionary; Including a System of Modern Cookery, in all Its Various Branches, by Mary Eaton