- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as shyness. On this page you can see how to spell shyness. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of shyness
- Correct spelling:
- irresolution (noun)
- double-mindedness, hesitance, yellowness, irresolution, capriciousness, unsureness, indecisiveness, wateriness, changeability, shiftiness, uncertainty, tentativeness, inconsistency, unwillingness, vacillation, volatility, fickleness, weakness, spinelessness, halfheartedness, impulsiveness, infirmity, insipidity, ambivalence.
- modesty (noun)
- undemonstrativeness, humility, modesty, unobtrusiveness, coyness, unselfishness, selflessness, humbleness, timidity, reservation, meekness, demureness, bashfulness.
- Other synonyms:
- timidness, stage fright, restraint, coldness, reserve, mike fright, timorousness, restraint, apprehension, reticence, timidness, backwardness, diffidence, constraint, retiringness, nervousness, insecurity, sheepishness.
- Common misspellings:
- cowardness (50%)
- shiness (50%)
- Examples of usage:
Colin held out his hand with a sort of flushed royal shyness but his eyes quite devoured her face. - - "The Secret Garden", Frances Hodgson Burnett.
But beyond an air of shyness that sat strangely on both, and a kind of amused wonder at meeting after so many years, there was nothing to show that they had been more than mere acquaintances, and the talk centred chiefly on Barbara. - - "The Secret Garden", Frances Hodgson Burnett. - "Barbara in Brittany", E. A. Gillie.
She glowed like a rose, with none of the little stiffness in her manner she so often unfortunately showed to strangers and which only the discerning few correctly named as shyness. - - "The Secret Garden", Frances Hodgson Burnett. - "Barbara in Brittany", E. A. Gillie. - "The Heart of Arethusa", Francis Barton Fox.
- Colin held out his hand with a sort of flushed royal shyness but his eyes quite devoured her face.
Discover what are words like shyness. Discover what is a synonym for shyness. Discover what is another word for shyness. Discover what is an alternative word for shyness. Discover what are more words for shyness.