- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as Ships. On this page you can see how to spell Ships. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of Ships
- Correct spelling:
Large vessels propelled by power or sail used for transportation on rivers, seas, oceans, or other navigable waters. Boats are smaller vessels propelled by oars, paddles, sail, or power; they may or may not have a deck.
- vehicles (noun)
- trains, coaches, landaus, ferries, trucks, carts, coupes, broughams, autos, conveyances, automobiles, ambulances, limousines, station wagons, motorcycles, jeeps, taxis, sledges, hot rods, cabs, barges, armored cars, vans, motorcars, buses, fire engines, boats, stagecoaches, sedans, hearses, bicycles, wagons, cars, jalopies, taxicabs, convertibles, buggies, roadsters, boxcars, gondolas, tractors, sleds, vehicles.
- ships (verb)
- transports, hauls, conveys, carries, trucks, forwards, transfers.
- boats (noun)
- cabin cruisers, icebreakers, destroyers, merchantmen, hydrofoils, catamarans, frigates, longboats, dories, ocean liners, barks, scows, steamboats, sampans, motorboats, dinghies, sailboats, barges, rowboats, cutters, liners, fishing boats, tankers, freighters, dugouts, cruisers, aircraft carriers, sculls, rafts, tugboats, cargo boats, pontoons, speedboats, skiffs, gondolas, hulks, kayaks, lifeboats, battleships, gunboats, paddle boats, canoes, houseboats, yachts, trawlers, vessels, submarines, watercraft, schooners, boats, galleys, ferries.
- boats (verb)
- canoes, ferries, rows, sails, boats.
- Common misspellings:
- shipps (33%)
- ship''s (27%)
- shps (13%)
- shipd (13%)
- vessles (7%)
- shipes (7%)
- Examples of usage:
The ships are a good way off, generally; still, you watch them, and you are interested in them. - - "The Beautiful Wretch; The Pupil of Aurelius; and The Four Macnicols", William Black.
All they can do will be to sit there in their ships and look at the city." - - "The Beautiful Wretch; The Pupil of Aurelius; and The Four Macnicols", William Black. - "Ahead of the Army", W. O. Stoddard.
But his six ships also carried much more. - - "The Beautiful Wretch; The Pupil of Aurelius; and The Four Macnicols", William Black. - "Ahead of the Army", W. O. Stoddard. - "The Virginia Company Of London, 1606-1624", Wesley Frank Craven.
- The ships are a good way off, generally; still, you watch them, and you are interested in them.
Discover what are words like Ships. Discover what is a synonym for Ships. Discover what is another word for Ships. Discover what is an alternative word for Ships. Discover what are more words for Ships.