- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as shining. On this page you can see how to spell shining. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of shining
- Correct spelling:
- bright (adjective)
- scintillating, lurid, garish, brilliant, radiating, blazing, lucid, luminous, bright, fiery, phosphorescent, gleaming, lustrous, incandescent, fluorescent, luminescent, vivid, glaring, shimmering, radiant, illuminating, blinding, well lit, dazzling, glinting, flaring, glowing, sparkling, glistening, neon, glittering, beaming, flashing.
- lighting (verb)
- lighting, incandescing, glittering, flaring, firing, gleaming, radiating, scintillating, flooding, glowing, spotting, beaming, flashing, blazing, sparkling, glinting, fluorescing, illuminating.
- brightening (verb)
- intensifying, illumining, brightening, lightening, burnishing, illuminating.
- Other synonyms:
- sunny, glossy, polished, sunshiny, burnished, superior, sheeny, glistening, shiny, polishing, lustrous, clear, bright.
- Common misspellings:
- shineing (53%)
- shinging (18%)
- shing (7%)
- shinig (4%)
- sining (4%)
- shingin (3%)
- shning (2%)
- shaining (2%)
- shinign (2%)
- shyning (2%)
- shinng (2%)
- Examples of usage:
The stars were still shining; there was, in fact, hint of dawn in the sky when I reached my claim next morning. - no - "Reminiscences of a South African Pioneer", W. C. Scully.
When she looked up at him her eyes were full of great, shining tears, the first that they had known since she had kissed Daddy Tom and run out into the night. - no - "Reminiscences of a South African Pioneer", W. C. Scully. - "The Shepherd of the North", Richard Aumerle Maher.
Now it would be his own Nan who would sit at the small table, and laugh with her shining, clear eyes. - no - "Reminiscences of a South African Pioneer", W. C. Scully. - "The Shepherd of the North", Richard Aumerle Maher. - "The Beautiful Wretch; The Pupil of Aurelius; and The Four Macnicols", William Black.
- The stars were still shining; there was, in fact, hint of dawn in the sky when I reached my claim next morning.
Discover what are words like shining. Discover what is a synonym for shining. Discover what is another word for shining. Discover what is an alternative word for shining. Discover what are more words for shining.