- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as scholar. On this page you can see how to spell scholar. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of scholar
- Correct spelling:
- scholar (noun)
- professor, intellectual, academic, student, philosopher, genius, doctor, expert, master.
- sage (noun)
- savant, mandarin, genius, master, consultant, sage, doctor, authority, thinker, adept, wise person, guru, professor, philosopher, intellectual, expert.
- learner (noun)
- student, learner, apprentice, neophyte, disciple, trainee, freshman, pupil.
- Other synonyms:
- Big Man on Campus, virtuoso, scientist, shark, geek, alum, sharp, inexperienced, untrained, bmp, student, alumnus, meister, scholarly person, be unused to (doing) something, dropout, learner, student, uneducated, past master, campus, fresher, illiterate, teach, untried, teacher, hand, alumna, wizard, auditor, proficient, pupil, prentice, assimilator, learner, crackerjack, dab, coed, artist, unskilled, maestro, hotshot, ace, disciple, unqualified, educatee, cognoscente, whiz, schoolboy, maven, critic, uninitiated, pundit, dab hand, savant, wise, fiend, naive, connoisseur, bookman.
- Common misspellings:
- scholor (34%)
- scolar (28%)
- schoolar (9%)
- schalar (6%)
- sholar (6%)
- schloar (6%)
- schollar (6%)
- scholer (3%)
- Examples of usage:
His Scholar said to him: I think, in part, I do. - - "Dialogues on the Supersensual Life", Jacob Behmen.
An old scholar is reported to have remarked, " The three roads are different, but they lead to the same source." - - "Dialogues on the Supersensual Life", Jacob Behmen. - "Buddhism and Buddhists in China", Lewis Hodus.
" Now," the good master would say, when this was done, " who will take this new scholar and help him to learn?" - - "Dialogues on the Supersensual Life", Jacob Behmen. - "Buddhism and Buddhists in China", Lewis Hodus. - "Story Hour Readings: Seventh Year", E.C. Hartwell.
- His Scholar said to him: I think, in part, I do.
Discover what are words like scholar. Discover what is a synonym for scholar. Discover what is another word for scholar. Discover what is an alternative word for scholar. Discover what are more words for scholar.