Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words,
such as repellent. On this page you can see how to spell repellent. Also,
for some words, you can find their
definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
contemptible, despicable, low, mean, vile, loathsome, offensive, reprehensible, repulsive, revolting.
unhappy, unpalatable, dragger, painer.
abominable, atrocious, bad, baneful, calamitous, damnable, destructive, detrimental, disgraceful, evil, foul, heinous, loathsome, monstrous, nefarious, offensive, reprehensible, revolting, sinful, sinister, terrible, wicked, hideous, repugnant, repulsive.
loathsome, uncool, shuddersome.
awful, odious, rebarbative, repugnant, off-putting.
resistant, oppositional, insusceptible, repulsive, resistive, unsusceptible.
foul, hateful, loathsome, nauseating, offensive, repelling, repulsive, sickening.
abhorrent, disagreeable, disfigured, displeasing, grotesque, hideous, homely, inelegant, odious, plain, repugnant, repulsive, shapeless, ugly, unaesthetic, unappealing, unattractive, undesirable, unlovely, unpleasant, unpleasing, unsightly, Ill-looking, low-down, lowdown.
unspeakable, indefinable, inexpressible, unutterable, Incommunicable, undescribable, beyond words.
unwelcome, undesired, unwished-for, excess baggage, left out in cold, not in the picture.
disgustful, disgusting, distasteful, foul, loathly, loathsome, nonabsorbent, nonabsorptive, offensive, rebarbative, repellant, repelling, resistant, revolting, skanky, unpleasant, wicked, yucky.
inhospitableness, ungraciousness, unwelcomeness.
Examples of usage:
– The Girl of the Golden West by David Belasco
– The Beckoning Hand and Other Stories The Beckoning Hand--Lucretia--The Third Time--The Gold Wulfric--My Uncle's Will--The Two Carnegies--Olga Davidoff's Husband--John Cann's Treasure--Isaline and I--Professor Milliter's Dilemma--In Strict Confidence--The by Grant Allen
– Red Masquerade by Louis Joseph Vance
– Entire PG Edition of The Works of William Dean Howells by William Dean Howells
– Moor Fires by E. H. (Emily Hilda) Young