- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as repellent. On this page you can see how to spell repellent. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of repellent
- Correct spelling:
- evil (adjective)
- foul, repugnant, heinous, damnable, loathsome, monstrous, evil, nefarious, disgraceful, baneful, repulsive, terrible, revolting, reprehensible, wicked, calamitous, bad, destructive, offensive, sinful, detrimental, sinister, hideous, atrocious, abominable.
- resistant (adjective)
- oppositional, repulsive, resistant.
- ugly (adjective)
- ugly, hideous, abhorrent, grotesque, disagreeable, inelegant, undesirable, repulsive, displeasing, unappealing, unaesthetic, unattractive, plain, unpleasing, unlovely, unpleasant, disfigured, odious, unsightly, ill-looking, homely, shapeless, repugnant.
- despicable (adjective)
- repulsive, despicable, low, vile, mean, reprehensible, offensive, revolting, loathsome, contemptible.
- Other synonyms:
- revolting, resistant, rebarbative, foul, distasteful, nonabsorptive, skanky, unpleasant, loathsome, repellant, yucky, disgustful, loathly, disgusting, wicked, offensive, nonabsorbent, repelling.
- Common misspellings:
- repelent (68%)
- repllent (8%)
- replelent (5%)
- repallent (5%)
- replellent (5%)
- reppelent (5%)
- repelant (3%)
- Examples of usage:
The habit of the British Army of going to bed in its day- shirt was peculiarly repellent. - - "The Rough Road", William John Locke.
Lionel had heard of people shivering when brought into contact with the repellent atmosphere that appeared to surround a particular person; but what was there deadly about this young man? - - "The Rough Road", William John Locke. - "Prince Fortunatus", William Black.
The odor of petroleum and particularly of whale- oil soap is so repellent, however, to most insects that its prophylactic virtues would undoubtedly be great. - - "The Rough Road", William John Locke. - "Prince Fortunatus", William Black. - "Cacao Culture in the Philippines", William S. Lyon.
- The habit of the British Army of going to bed in its day- shirt was peculiarly repellent.
Discover what are words like repellent. Discover what is a synonym for repellent. Discover what is another word for repellent. Discover what is an alternative word for repellent. Discover what are more words for repellent.