- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as relief. On this page you can see how to spell relief. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of relief
- Correct spelling:
- condolence (noun)
- solace, easement, commiseration, comfort, sympathy, condolence, reassurance.
- rescue (noun)
- rescue, extrication, assistance, salvation, deliverance, emancipation.
- dismissal (noun)
- reprieve, stay, excuse, concession, pardon, license, release, discharge, exception, immunity, dismissal, exemption, privilege, absolution, dispensation, amnesty, waiver, permission, liberty, freedom.
- sculpture (noun)
- pedestal, carve, sculpture, carving, cameo, mannequin, phallic, phallus, figure, statue, plinth, bronze, cast, bust, plaster cast, molding, figurine, bas-relief.
- aid (noun)
- service, facilitation, benefit, help, assistance, motivation, attendant, aid, support, agency, sustenance, encouragement, mothering, ministration, endowment, avail.
- aid (verb)
- maintenance, welfare.
- relief (noun)
- remedy, mildness, easement, alleviation, help, mercy, assuagement, comfort, appeasement, consolation, aid, respite, cure, solace.
- interruption (noun)
- stay, interval, pause, postponement, snag, suspension, hiatus, reprieve, interlude, recess, break, interruption, stoppage, delay, hitch.
- Other synonyms:
- Chancellor of the Exchequer, happiness, variety, temperance, clothing, pleasure, contour, sleep, imprint, artificial feeding, collection box, fireman, easiness, succor, relief pitcher, charitable, reserve, handout, eternal rest, auxiliary, pinch hitter, subordinate, junior, commuter, cause, allowance, residue, backing, child benefit, redress, simpleness, abatement, alms, musical accompaniment, makeover, audit, superior, easing, second-stringer, 1099, cover, backup man, leap, associate, succour, upswing, nursing, opposite number, comforting, relaxation, desk person, medicine, shelter, sculptural relief, colleague, a change for the better/worse, duty officer, nirvana, rest period, black out, step change, beleaguered, embossment, ease, simplicity, remainder, hypodermic, patronage, repose, substitute, aggressor, active service, locum tenens, time out, boost, breadwinner, allayer, configuration, computer backup, dole, alternative medicine, active duty, residuum, moderation, welfare, ministration, remission, anesthesia, community chest, reinforcement, rilievo, cheer, charity, projection, joy, increase, child support, cowboy, jollity, quietus, hand, residual, analgesia, the Boston Tea Party, the social, accompaniment, diversion, reliever, aftercare, apparatchik, assist, means test, eternal sleep, satisfaction, community service, stand-in, decoration, backup, co-worker, anaesthesia, moderateness, fill-in, ancillary, self-improvement, championship, sub, euphoria, drug, delight, donate, assisted living, informality, development, public assistance, rest, social security, claw back, battle cry, improvement, food, turnaround, easement, workmate, career woman, belligerent, 1040 form, designated hitter, artificial insemination, air cover, corporate welfare, bombed-out, change, balm, ecstasy, counterpart, replacement, respite, acupuncture, alleviation, comforter, blackout, abetment, elation, contentment, assuagement, aromatherapy, mitigation, chargeable, acupressure, balance, relievo, palliation.
- Common misspellings:
- releif (47%)
- relife (13%)
- relif (9%)
- reliefe (9%)
- releaf (8%)
- reliefs (3%)
- relef (2%)
- relieft (1%)
- releife (1%)
- Examples of usage:
I thought there was relief in it. - - "The House of a Thousand Candles", Meredith Nicholson.
A little sigh of relief escaped - - "The House of a Thousand Candles", Meredith Nicholson. Lightfoot. - "The Adventures of Lightfoot the Deer", Thornton W. Burgess.
Neal drew a deep breath of relief when he reached the street. - - "The House of a Thousand Candles", Meredith Nicholson. Lightfoot. - "The Adventures of Lightfoot the Deer", Thornton W. Burgess. - "The Northern Iron 1907", George A. Birmingham.
- I thought there was relief in it.
Discover what are words like relief. Discover what is a synonym for relief. Discover what is another word for relief. Discover what is an alternative word for relief. Discover what are more words for relief.