- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as received. On this page you can see how to spell received. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of received
- Correct spelling:
- received (verb)
- inspired, swallowed, assimilated, pocketed, got, gobbled, inhaled, taken, admitted, eaten, absorbed, ate, ingested, accepted, accessed, acquired, took, gulped, engorged, devoured.
- met (verb)
- ran into, bumped into, gathered, welcomed, greeted, met, joined, run into, encountered, assembled.
- acquired (verb)
- secured, purchased, bagged, bought, added, heaped, caught, scored, captured, gotten, landed, harvested, fetched, took, claimed, taken, pocketed, procured, incurred, won, palmed, retrieved, acquired, annexed, wrangled, lured, netted, garnered, obtained, assumed, accumulated, reaped, amassed, got, collected, cornered.
- received (adjective)
- acquired, taken, accepted, pocketed.
- contained (verb)
- included, enclosed, comprised, accommodated, stowed, contained, held.
- greeted (verb)
- curtsied, acknowledged, waved, embraced, hugged, accosted, approached, shaken hands with, kowtowed, signaled, noticed, vociferated, saluted, welcomed, bowed, greeted, smiled, nodded, hailed, shook hands with, kissed.
- Other synonyms:
- prescriptive, normative, accepted, standard, acceptable, conventional.
- Common misspellings:
- recieved (74%)
- recived (15%)
- recevied (2%)
- receieved (2%)
- receved (1%)
- Examples of usage:
Then the first that comes along the road is received, and scarcely a question asked. - - "Hodge and His Masters", Richard Jefferies.
He was pleased when he thought of the good food that she had received in return for her good work. - - "Hodge and His Masters", Richard Jefferies. - "The Devil's Garden", W. B. Maxwell.
Elmore put the note he had received into his hands without a word. - - "Hodge and His Masters", Richard Jefferies. - "The Devil's Garden", W. B. Maxwell. wife's - "A Fearful Responsibility and Other Stories", William D. Howells.
- Then the first that comes along the road is received, and scarcely a question asked.
Discover what are words like received. Discover what is a synonym for received. Discover what is another word for received. Discover what is an alternative word for received. Discover what are more words for received.