- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as quarter. On this page you can see how to spell quarter. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of quarter
- Correct spelling:
- quarter (verb)
- occupy (verb)
- colonize, reside, roost, dwell, billet, occupy, inhabit, stay, house, lodge, squat.
- quarter (noun)
- district, locale, region, zone, area.
- fraction (noun)
- segment, half, part, slice, denominator, third, portion, fragment, section, piece, numerator, fraction, chunk.
- region (noun)
- Shire, area, region, state, precinct, municipality, province, colony, duchy, realm, lot, domain, earldom, sector, town, city, empire, division, parcel, beat, kingdom, riding, neighborhood, place, plot, country, district, commonweal, canton, county, locality, tract, circuit, bailiwick, dukedom, zone, territory, nation, field, borough.
- direction (noun)
- bearing, direction, point.
- regional (adjective)
- circuit, commonwealth, zone, precinct, borough, sector, divisional, town, canton, provincial, riding, regional, district, Shire, state, territorial, city, tract, realm, colonial, county, local, national, area.
- fractional (adjective)
- semi, part, fractional, sectional, fragmentary, third, half, segmental.
- Other synonyms:
- crown, cubic, one-fourth, support, imbibe, nincompoop, get, bestow, nabe, eviscerate, leniency, after part, tail end, are, delineate, fourth part, b., arse, stern, 00s, a.m., draw off, base, constellation, thread, fatigues, backside, rear, lodging, finely, ass, behind, pass, injury time, bunk, mercy, two bits, span, empennage, dwelling, fanny, keister, acre, run-in, bottom, shadower, assemblage, poop, tie, biannual, AUD, ninny, lenity, busload, c., centigram, habitation, cut, block, hindquarters, accommodate, posterior, age group, detail, lenience, agora, euro, depict, at, fiftieth, cu., ct., after, and, mercifulness, describe, domicile, line, quartern, fast, buttocks, can, take up, B.C.E., attract, half-hour, draw in, generosity, altruism, break, crowd, nates, derriere, B.C., belt, bum, reap, barrio, room, hack, charity, semester, restricted, rear end, position, puff, annual, A.D., fifteenth, pull out, abode, dirt, draw, close together, first half, turd, burbs, consideration, cramped, quarters, the skinny, liberality, trace, berth, run, solicitude, suck up, diggings, protection, fifth, forbearance, eleventh, array, residence, disembowel, common denominator, armpit, pull, dope, near, fourth, shite, bit, dog tag, eighth, clip, force, tail, fundament, generalship, prat, hearthstone, shit, cast, academic year, draw and quarter, shadow, soak up, extra time, seat, coin, suck, get out, fag end, pull back, neck of the woods, circle, cut out, kindness, bushel, guide, calendar, hind end, indulgence, money, forward, dollar, dinar, butt, crap, pad, absorb, board, tooshie, ahead, warmth, buns, cabbagetown, hospitality, common fraction, low-down, rump, collection, crush, halftime, BMI, roof, string, one-quarter, garrison, compassion, drag, take out, harbor, club, etch, fireside, about, clemency, brownfield, cantonment, sop up, hearth, carat, twenty-five percent, bust, fort, around, tush, pregame, dime, put up, take in, overtime, tail assembly, cent, post, pull in, make, withdraw, cut up, billionth, chop.
- Common misspellings:
- quater (79%)
- quarte (7%)
- qurter (4%)
- qaurter (2%)
- quorter (1%)
- Examples of usage:
I've read a quarter of the book, Peter. - - "Fortitude", Hugh Walpole.
I left them and came back in a quarter of an hour. - - "Fortitude", Hugh Walpole. - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
Leaning over in the saddle, he whispered: " I'll be back in a quarter of an hour Will you wait?" - - "Fortitude", Hugh Walpole. - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt. - "The Crisis, Volume 4", Winston Churchill.
- I've read a quarter of the book, Peter.
Discover what are words like quarter. Discover what is a synonym for quarter. Discover what is another word for quarter. Discover what is an alternative word for quarter. Discover what are more words for quarter.