- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as press. On this page you can see how to spell press. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of press
- Correct spelling:
- printing (noun)
- printing, printer, bookbinding, typing, editing, letterpress.
- compel (verb)
- spark, push, coerce, dictate, urge, daunt, dragoon, drive, galvanize, foment, motivate, bulldoze, incite, nag, cause, stimulate, pressure, stress, hijack, propel, bully, browbeat, mandate, impel, goad, oblige, intimidate, compel.
- Other synonyms:
- compress, exhort, beseech, contract, crusade, military press, agitate, fight, printing press, public press, closet, jam, fourth estate, pressing, bid, press out, insistency, squeeze, constrict, urge on, compact, wardrobe, weigh, push, insistence, imperativeness, urge, conjure, mechanical press, adjure, pressure, weightlift, entreat, crush, campaign.
- Common misspellings:
- pres (49%)
- presss (14%)
- pess (8%)
- prees (5%)
- pree (4%)
- perss (3%)
- presse (3%)
- prsss (2%)
- rpess (2%)
- ress (2%)
- prerss (2%)
- Examples of usage:
She did not press him further. - - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf.
" Well, Mary, I'm not going to press you," he said. - - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf.
" Understand, I don't press you. - - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf. - "The Devil's Garden", W. B. Maxwell.
- She did not press him further.
Discover what are words like press. Discover what is a synonym for press. Discover what is another word for press. Discover what is an alternative word for press. Discover what are more words for press.