- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as practiced. On this page you can see how to spell practiced. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of practiced
- Correct spelling:
having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude; " adept in handicrafts"; " an adept juggler"; " an expert job"; " a good mechanic"; " a practiced marksman"; " a proficient engineer"; " a lesser- known but no less skillful composer"; " the effect was achieved by skillful retouching"
- applied (adjective)
- useful, exerted, operated, utilitarian, conducted, utilized, served, exercised, used, practical, functioned, employed, applied.
- performed music (verb)
- soloed, played, harmonized, sang, jammed, sung, performed, serenaded.
- behaved (verb)
- performed, deported, acted, proceeded, done, conducted, behaved, comported, did.
- applied (verb)
- conducted, served, applied, exerted, exercised, functioned, used, utilized, effected, employed, operated, implemented.
- Other synonyms:
- skilled, practised, adept, skillful, skilful, good, experienced, expert, proficient.
- Common misspellings:
- practised (63%)
- praticed (13%)
- practied (4%)
- praciced (2%)
- practicied (1%)
- pracitced (1%)
- practed (1%)
- practced (1%)
- Examples of usage:
Just then a certain kind of " sell" was often practiced. - - "Reminiscences of a South African Pioneer", W. C. Scully.
It is plain that tuberculin is a remarkably accurate test of tuberculosis, that the animals which react may be safely considered as tuberculous, and that when a careful clinical examination is practiced in addition to the test there are few animals in a dangerous condition which escape detection. - - "Reminiscences of a South African Pioneer", W. C. Scully. - "Special Report on Diseases of Cattle", U.S. Department of Agriculture J.R. Mohler.
Rest, quiet, friction to the legs and surface, frequent turning of the animal and cold to the head are to be practiced, if treatment is attempted. - - "Reminiscences of a South African Pioneer", W. C. Scully. - "Special Report on Diseases of Cattle", U.S. Department of Agriculture J.R. Mohler. - "Special Report on Diseases of Cattle", U.S. Department of Agriculture J.R. Mohler.
- Just then a certain kind of " sell" was often practiced.
Discover what are words like practiced. Discover what is a synonym for practiced. Discover what is another word for practiced. Discover what is an alternative word for practiced. Discover what are more words for practiced.