- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as persevering. On this page you can see how to spell persevering. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of persevering
- Correct spelling:
- tenacious (adjective)
- tenacious, bold, strong, tireless, steadfast, obstinate, stiff, determined, flintlike, stony, obdurate, fervent, headstrong, stubborn, true, decisive, hearty, faithful, resolute, bulldogged, indomitable, strong-willed, plucky, spunky, staunch, diligent, enduring, devoted, courageous, dogged, insistent, undaunted, dauntless, brave, hard, unflagging, tough, persistent, indefatigable, bullheaded.
- persevering (adjective)
- unfaltering, patient, persistent, steadfast, tenacious, unwavering, enduring, surviving, indomitable, stoical, abiding, lasting, unflagging, brave, indefatigable.
- abiding (verb)
- tarrying, lasting, lingering, persisting, suffering, undergoing, continuing, remaining, experiencing, putting up with, abiding, going on, tolerating, bearing, enduring.
- persevering (verb)
- staying, lasting, continuing, abiding, surviving, enduring, persisting.
- continued (adjective)
- protracted, continued, interminable, unceasing, maintained, prolonged, persistent, sustained, extended, abiding.
- resolving (verb)
- enduring, resolving, devoting, persisting.
- continuing (verb)
- protracting, maintaining, abiding, persisting, continuing, sustaining, extending, prolonging.
- resolute (adjective)
- unchangeable, unshakeable, decisive, constant, unwavering, dauntless, deliberate, inexorable, thorough, insistent, hearty, iron-willed, devoted, diligent, bullheaded, serious, courageous, implacable, true, uncompromising, intent, tenacious, spunky, strong-willed, plucky, bold, reliable, firm, unyielding, valiant, faithful, committed, set, ruthless, stern, unbending, steely, steady, dedicated, strong-minded, determined, earnest, dogged, resolute, steadfast, headstrong, fearless, decided, unflinching, resolved, relentless, loyal, indomitable, persistent, stubborn, willing, tireless, indefatigable, zealous, tough, staunch.
- Common misspellings:
- perservering (77%)
- percervering (6%)
- preservering (6%)
- perserveering (4%)
- presevering (4%)
- preserveing (2%)
- perserving (2%)
- Examples of usage:
Be not less persevering in pursuing it, than were the dogs I have told you about in seeking their masters. - - "Stories of Animal Sagacity", W.H.G. Kingston.
He is in the prime of life, physically full of vigour, mentally persevering with untiring perseverance, the embodiment of energy, ever anxious to act, to do rather than to delay. - - "Stories of Animal Sagacity", W.H.G. Kingston. - "Hodge and His Masters", Richard Jefferies.
The same persevering industry and courteous manners which distinguished the ancestors, were handed down to their children, and are still conspicuous among their descendants of the third and fourth generations. - - "Stories of Animal Sagacity", W.H.G. Kingston. - "Hodge and His Masters", Richard Jefferies. - "A Sketch of the Life of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion", William Dobein James.
- Be not less persevering in pursuing it, than were the dogs I have told you about in seeking their masters.
Discover what are words like persevering. Discover what is a synonym for persevering. Discover what is another word for persevering. Discover what is an alternative word for persevering. Discover what are more words for persevering.