- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as original. On this page you can see how to spell original. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of original
- Correct spelling:
- original (noun)
- forerunner, pattern, precursor, prototype, archetype.
- creative (adjective)
- constructive, prolific, conceptive, ingenious, imaginative, innovative, resourceful, visionary, creative, fertile, productive, inventive.
- beginning (adjective)
- early, Genesis, baby, fetal, first, introductory, alpha, germinal, newborn, precursory, commencing, infantile, hatching, nascent, beginning, maiden, infant, preparatory, emerging, primeval, dawned, primordial, sprouting, preliminary, incipient, inaugural, primal, embryonic, initial, aboriginal, new, starting, formative, foremost, budding.
- original (adjective)
- novel, creative, genuine, unique, ingenious, innovative, initial, prototypical, first, authentic.
- Other synonyms:
- seminal, underived, freehand, innovative, underivative, novel, pilot, master copy, fresh, innovational, newfangled, germinal, master, avant-garde, archetype, first, daring, freehanded, new.
- Common misspellings:
- orginal (32%)
- origional (16%)
- orignal (12%)
- origianl (5%)
- origanal (5%)
- orginial (4%)
- origonal (4%)
- originial (2%)
- orignial (2%)
- oringinal (1%)
- origianal (1%)
- orgional (1%)
- Examples of usage:
Original thought is much more common than is generally believed. - - "Luck or Cunning?", Samuel Butler.
The original stock of cattle would have increased through care until there were enough for all. - - "Luck or Cunning?", Samuel Butler. - "The Virginia Company Of London, 1606-1624", Wesley Frank Craven.
They have been left as in the original. - - "Luck or Cunning?", Samuel Butler. - "The Virginia Company Of London, 1606-1624", Wesley Frank Craven. - "Practical Ethics", William DeWitt Hyde.
- Original thought is much more common than is generally believed.
Discover what are words like original. Discover what is a synonym for original. Discover what is another word for original. Discover what is an alternative word for original. Discover what are more words for original.