- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as opportunity. On this page you can see how to spell opportunity. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of opportunity
- Correct spelling:
- chance (noun)
- luck, fate, fluke, fortuity, happenstance, randomness, aimlessness, haphazardness, coin toss, fortune, accident, coincidence, purposelessness, adventure, chance.
- expedience (noun)
- aptness, suitability, advantageousness, efficiency, effectiveness, expedience, timeliness, well-timedness, convenience, desirability, propriety, fitness.
- opportunity (noun)
- seasonableness, expedience, appropriateness, felicity, auspiciousness, timeliness, convenience, propitiousness.
- Other synonyms:
- choice, juncture, window of opportunity, chance, business, moment, career, access, shot, event, contingency, division of labor, the initiative, delegation, appointment, possibilities, call, hap, opening, background, break, scope, hazard, good fortune, collaboration, possibility, probability, occasion, calling, room, prospect, excuse.
- Common misspellings:
- oppertunity (21%)
- oppurtunity (20%)
- oportunity (10%)
- opertunity (7%)
- opprotunity (5%)
- oppotunity (4%)
- opporunity (3%)
- opportuntiy (2%)
- oppourtunity (2%)
- opporutnity (2%)
- opprtunity (1%)
- opportuity (1%)
- Examples of usage:
As for Blair, he took the money, as he took everything else that she gave him of opportunity and happiness, and said, " Thank you, mother; you are awfully good"; but he shut his eyes when he kissed her. - - "The Iron Woman", Margaret Deland.
I mean, you know, an opportunity to do anything good. - - "The Iron Woman", Margaret Deland. - "Opportunities", Susan Warner.
A sensible man would consider it a promising opportunity. - - "The Iron Woman", Margaret Deland. - "Opportunities", Susan Warner. - "Vane of the Timberlands", Harold Bindloss.
- As for Blair, he took the money, as he took everything else that she gave him of opportunity and happiness, and said, " Thank you, mother; you are awfully good"; but he shut his eyes when he kissed her.
Discover what are words like opportunity. Discover what is a synonym for opportunity. Discover what is another word for opportunity. Discover what is an alternative word for opportunity. Discover what are more words for opportunity.