Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words,
such as on. On this page you can see how to spell on. Also,
for some words, you can find their
definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
in transit, on board.
bordering, near, Beside.
alee, into the open.
in contact; ahead of
about, above, adjacent, approaching, at, close to, covering, forth, forward, held, near, next, onward, over, supported, touching, Against, Beside, Toward, Upon, With, leaning on, on top of, resting on, situated on.
and so forth
also, in addition.
ahead, forward, onward.
about, above, covering, touching, under, underneath, Upon.
in the vicinity of, near to, appearing in, found in, placed at, situated at.
Examples of usage:
– Three Comedies by Björnstjerne M. Björnson Commentator: R. Farquharson Sharp
– The Curlytops on Star Island by Howard R. Garis
– Moods by Louisa May Alcott
– The Awkward Age by Henry James
– True Christianity by Johann Arndt