- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as notation. On this page you can see how to spell notation. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of notation
- Correct spelling:
- indication (noun)
- symbol, alert, signal, tag, prompt, lighthouse, semaphore, denotation, guidepost, sign, legend, gesture, icon, stamp, token, cue, indication, gesticulation, marker, banner, key, signpost, logotype, motion, pointer, emblem, flag, designation, brand, figuration, label, wave, crest, badge, hint, wink, ticket, logo, insignia, beacon.
- writing (noun)
- transcription, handwriting, journalism, literature, rewriting, writing, composition, recording, formulation, portrayal, authorship, ghostwriting, typescript, calligraphy, correspondence.
- number (noun)
- numeral, character, digit, symbol, figure, number, integer, sign, cipher, bit.
- Other synonyms:
- bar, annotation, allegro, bar line, words, mathematics, jotting, banker's bill, annotating, adagio, arithmetic, bill, tone, arr., clef, banknote, greenback, musical note, notes, note, promissory note, andante, memorandum, representation, system, bank bill, eminence, bank note, preeminence, short letter, billet, con amore, government note, notational system, line, con brio, bass clef, memo, note of hand, distinction.
- Common misspellings:
- nptation (60%)
- notstion (40%)
- Examples of usage:
Doubtless the vanity of the craftsman demands satisfaction; but chiefly the child wishes to assure itself that some impartial judge can interpret its notation. - - "Since Cézanne", Clive Bell.
In this instance, however, you will find a notation on the flap of the envelope that reads: Oliver Drew, Flat, California. - - "Since Cézanne", Clive Bell. 'From Halfmoon - "The Heritage of the Hills", Arthur P. Hankins.
It is likely that this musician was well known in Italy and that he would not have had to rely for his immortality upon the passing mention of a poet if the art of notation had been more advanced in his day. - - "Since Cézanne", Clive Bell. 'From Halfmoon - "The Heritage of the Hills", Arthur P. Hankins. - "Some Forerunners of Italian Opera", William James Henderson.
- Doubtless the vanity of the craftsman demands satisfaction; but chiefly the child wishes to assure itself that some impartial judge can interpret its notation.
Discover what are words like notation. Discover what is a synonym for notation. Discover what is another word for notation. Discover what is an alternative word for notation. Discover what are more words for notation.