- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as nodding. On this page you can see how to spell nodding. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of nodding
- Correct spelling:
- greeting (verb)
- vociferating, waving, hailing, approaching, saluting, receiving, smiling, bowing, greeting, kowtowing, curtsying, hugging, signaling, accosting, embracing, acknowledging, welcoming, shaking hands with, noticing, kissing.
- indicating (verb)
- gesticulating, labeling, guiding, notifying, ticketing, flagging, stamping, indicating, tagging, alerting, prompting, cueing, designating, pointing, signaling, motioning, betokening, waving, gesturing, beckoning, denoting, symbolizing, branding, winking, noting, shrugging, marking, nudging, pointing out.
- hanging (verb)
- dangling, sagging, swaying, draggling, bobbing, lolling, drooping, trailing, draping, hanging, swinging.
- Other synonyms:
- descendant, cernuous, slumbery, bowed, unerect, slumberous, sleepy, descending, dozing, dolorous, droopy, awareness, lachrymose, dolourous, asleep, tearful, soporific, inclining, drowsy, hung, weeping, declining, declined, drooping, napping, drowsing, dozy, somnolent, stooping, pendulous.
- Common misspellings:
- noding (67%)
- knodding (19%)
- knoding (10%)
- modding (5%)
- Examples of usage:
At North shoulder stood Sleeping Thunder, nodding assent to all his son said. - Eagle's - "The Shagganappi", E. Pauline Johnson.
Our attorney, he continued, nodding to his companion, has got the papers. - Eagle's - "The Shagganappi", E. Pauline Johnson. - "Colonel Carter's Christmas and The Romance of an Old-Fashioned Gentleman", F. Hopkinson Smith.
He sat apparently attentive, and nodding at the name of O'Brien. - Eagle's - "The Shagganappi", E. Pauline Johnson. - "Colonel Carter's Christmas and The Romance of an Old-Fashioned Gentleman", F. Hopkinson Smith. - "Romance", Joseph Conrad and F.M. Hueffer.
- At North shoulder stood Sleeping Thunder, nodding assent to all his son said.
Discover what are words like nodding. Discover what is a synonym for nodding. Discover what is another word for nodding. Discover what is an alternative word for nodding. Discover what are more words for nodding.