- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as nervous. On this page you can see how to spell nervous. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of nervous
- Correct spelling:
- agitated (adjective)
- shuddering, shivering, erratic, quaking, writhing, perturbed, churned, spastic, convulsive, jarred, distraught, troubled, quavering, disturbed, jittery, shaken, upset, agitated, disquieted, twitchy, trembling, unquiet, uneasy, jumpy, shaking, skittish, wobbling, twitching, palpitating, quivering, fluttered, restless, jerky, feverish.
- excitable (adjective)
- touchy, quick-tempered, cranky, emotional, short-tempered, rash, edgy, fragile, irritable, brittle, hot-tempered, volatile, high-strung, sensitive, passionate, fiery, impulsive, tempestuous, crusty, combustible, stormy, explosive, excitable, volcanic, ardent, neurotic, reckless.
- excited (adjective)
- Other synonyms:
- dying, alarmed, uptight, ill at ease, creepy, worrisome, brain damage, flyaway, spasmodic, spooky, brain cell, (with) your heart in your mouth, benign, petrified, brain, fidgety, offensive, cerebral, distressed, head-in-the-clouds, restive, hyperkinetic, clinical, distressful, nauseous, worried, catching, nerve-racking, hinky, brainstem, nauseated, hung up, fraught, distressing, fluttery, excited, neuronal, intimidated, antsy, anxious, apprehensive, panic-stricken, feelings, acute, agitating, congenital, nervy, unsettling, asymptomatic, atwitter, brain death, communicable, skittery, fiddle-footed, disquieting, skittish, nauseating, aflutter, sick, hyperexcitable, sickening, on edge, fearful, noisome, queasy, hyper, neuronic, concerned, nail-biting, startled, flighty, scatterbrained, advanced, chronic, tense, frightened, hairy, disturbing, timid, unnerving, central nervous system, goosey, sickish, solicitous, vile, neural, insecure, scared, loathsome, troubled, shy, autoimmune, cerebral cortex, afraid, brainwave, hyperactive, awkward, excitable, uneasy, unquiet, unsettled, dithery, tighten, het up, cerebellum.
- Common misspellings:
- nervouse (35%)
- nervious (28%)
- nevous (8%)
- nerveous (6%)
- nervus (4%)
- nervos (2%)
- nerous (2%)
- nevrous (1%)
- nearvous (1%)
- Examples of usage:
Martin started and gave a nervous laugh. - - "A Son of the Hills", Harriet T. Comstock.
I was nervous, and feared I wasn't prepared, but say! - - "A Son of the Hills", Harriet T. Comstock. - "Dorothy Dainty at Glenmore", Amy Brooks.
There followed a long and nervous pause. - - "A Son of the Hills", Harriet T. Comstock. - "Dorothy Dainty at Glenmore", Amy Brooks. - "The Getting of Wisdom", Henry Handel Richardson.
- Martin started and gave a nervous laugh.
Discover what are words like nervous. Discover what is a synonym for nervous. Discover what is another word for nervous. Discover what is an alternative word for nervous. Discover what are more words for nervous.