- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as Lightened. On this page you can see how to spell Lightened. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of Lightened
- Correct spelling:
- brightened (verb)
- intensified, illumined, brightened, shone, burnished, illuminated.
- amused (verb)
- beguiled, refreshed, amused, diverted, distracted, entertained, relaxed, stimulated, charmed, delighted, pleased, enthralled.
- diminished (adjective)
- shortened, clipped, compressed, docked, downgraded, bobbed, pruned, cropped, concentrated, lessened, compacted, nipped, condensed, abbreviated, shaved, deducted, reduced, weeded, decremented, trimmed, dwindled, cut, lowered, curtailed, shrunken, depleted, eroded, dropped, pared, sheared, deflated, truncated, decreased, receded, leached, tapered, removed, abridged, drained, diminished, contracted, mowed.
- cheered (verb)
- inspired, enlivened, brightened, pleased, heartened, encouraged, cheered, consoled, gladdened.
- diminished (verb)
- shrunk, shaved, concentrated, condensed, bobbed, drained, cropped, shrank, contracted, diminished, eroded, downgraded, decremented, trimmed, culled, tapered, pruned, reduced, dwindled, truncated, pared, shortened, abridged, compacted, weeded, lessened, minimized, deflated, nipped, compressed, abbreviated, sheared, clipped, depleted, curtailed, decreased.
- lightened (verb)
- relieved, reduced, alleviated, unloaded, eased, lessened.
- Common misspellings:
- lightend (79%)
- lightned (11%)
- alightened (5%)
- tighted (5%)
- Examples of usage:
At the beginning he used to pretend a little, saying that her aid lightened his labors, merely to encourage and please her. - - "The Devil's Garden", W. B. Maxwell.
If she had known that a whisky bottle passed back and forth a good many times in the course of the evening, the fears of the girl would not have been lightened. - - "The Devil's Garden", W. B. Maxwell. - "Brand Blotters", William MacLeod Raine.
He was as serious as ever about his work, but she suspected he might possibly be more fun now that he seemed to have lightened up some. - - "The Devil's Garden", W. B. Maxwell. - "Brand Blotters", William MacLeod Raine. - "Syndrome", Thomas Hoover.
- At the beginning he used to pretend a little, saying that her aid lightened his labors, merely to encourage and please her.
Discover what are words like Lightened. Discover what is a synonym for Lightened. Discover what is another word for Lightened. Discover what is an alternative word for Lightened. Discover what are more words for Lightened.