- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as invitation. On this page you can see how to spell invitation. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of invitation
- Correct spelling:
- offer (noun)
- bid, approach, submission, citation, donation, advance, attempt, offer, gift, overture, investiture, quotation, issue, tender, bestowal, concession, present, grant, deal, offering, endowment.
- causes (noun)
- occasion, catalyst, contributor, trigger, culprit, influence, impetus, source, cause, base.
- appeal (noun)
- request, bid, invocation, solicitation, appeal, supplication, plea, approach, prayer, petition, entreaty, application, address.
- request (noun)
- solicitation, requisition, query, desire, demand, plea, summons, urge, inquiry, question, wish, appeal, entreaty, bid, want, probe, petition, request.
- Other synonyms:
- leading question, temptation, call, card, allurement, message, encouragement, interrogation, come-on, like, note, lure, inveiglement, questionnaire, enticement, poll, seduction, suggestion, motive, rhetorical question, reason, order, invited, bait, survey, pressure, proposal, invite, proposition, bidding, invitational, warn, attraction, letter, ground, inducement.
- Common misspellings:
- invatation (25%)
- inviation (23%)
- invitaion (10%)
- invitiation (10%)
- inventation (6%)
- invetation (5%)
- invivation (3%)
- invitaiton (3%)
- invititation (2%)
- invintation (2%)
- invation (1%)
- ivitation (1%)
- inivitation (1%)
- Examples of usage:
But before she could retreat he glanced up and his smile flashed a welcome and an invitation to her, while his books fell together as he rose and held out his hands. - - "Andrew the Glad", Maria Thompson Daviess.
" I accept your invitation, my Lord," said Adam gravely. - - "Andrew the Glad", Maria Thompson Daviess. - "Patsy", S. R. Crockett.
" Sit down, Evan," was the friendly invitation. - - "Andrew the Glad", Maria Thompson Daviess. - "Patsy", S. R. Crockett. - "The Honorable Senator Sage-Brush", Francis Lynde.
- But before she could retreat he glanced up and his smile flashed a welcome and an invitation to her, while his books fell together as he rose and held out his hands.
Discover what are words like invitation. Discover what is a synonym for invitation. Discover what is another word for invitation. Discover what is an alternative word for invitation. Discover what are more words for invitation.