- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as insistent. On this page you can see how to spell insistent. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of insistent
- Correct spelling:
- affirmative (adjective)
- predicative, declarative, affirmative, sure, positive, certain, assertive, categorical, definite.
- resolute (adjective)
- unchangeable, unshakeable, decisive, constant, unwavering, dauntless, deliberate, inexorable, thorough, intent, hearty, loyal, devoted, diligent, bullheaded, serious, courageous, implacable, true, uncompromising, iron-willed, tenacious, spunky, strong-willed, plucky, bold, reliable, firm, unyielding, valiant, faithful, committed, set, ruthless, stern, unbending, steely, steady, dedicated, strong-minded, determined, earnest, dogged, resolute, steadfast, headstrong, fearless, decided, unflinching, resolved, relentless, persevering, indomitable, persistent, stubborn, willing, tireless, indefatigable, zealous, tough, staunch.
- tenacious (adjective)
- tenacious, bold, strong, tireless, steadfast, persevering, stiff, determined, flintlike, stony, obstinate, fervent, headstrong, stubborn, true, decisive, hearty, faithful, resolute, bulldogged, indomitable, strong-willed, plucky, spunky, staunch, diligent, enduring, devoted, courageous, dogged, obdurate, undaunted, dauntless, brave, hard, unflagging, tough, persistent, indefatigable, bullheaded.
- Other synonyms:
- instant, exigent, continual, clamant, repetitive, crying, imperative.
- Common misspellings:
- insistant (90%)
- insitant (3%)
- insesent (2%)
- Examples of usage:
But Peggy was insistent. - - "The Rough Road", William John Locke.
He was very insistent on dropping it, says." - - "The Rough Road", William John Locke. Mr. Flatray - "Brand Blotters", William MacLeod Raine.
Take it from me," added this Bureau of Inside Information, beating the table with an insistent fist; " it was a put- up job of - - "The Rough Road", William John Locke. Mr. Flatray - "Brand Blotters", William MacLeod Raine. Garrison's. - "Garrison's Finish A Romance of the Race-Course", W. B. M. Ferguson.
- But Peggy was insistent.
Discover what are words like insistent. Discover what is a synonym for insistent. Discover what is another word for insistent. Discover what is an alternative word for insistent. Discover what are more words for insistent.