- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as initial. On this page you can see how to spell initial. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of initial
- Correct spelling:
- beginning (adjective)
- early, infant, sprouting, infantile, budding, embryonic, formative, precursory, nascent, fundamental, incipient, baby, opening, primal, alpha, emerging, Genesis, foremost, germinal, maiden, hatching, original, aboriginal, primeval, preliminary, dawned, starting, preparatory, new, primordial, commencing, fetal, primary, introductory, beginning, inaugural, newborn, first.
- original (adjective)
- original, creative, genuine, unique, ingenious, novel, innovative, prototypical, first, authentic.
- Other synonyms:
- sign, leadoff, primary, nee, of, initiatory, consonant, premier, prime, alphabetical, pioneer, block letters, start, earliest, John Hancock, Junior, countersign, witness, by, sign on the dotted line, from the get-go, after, alphabetize, virgin, sign away, namesake, front-end, at first, capital, ratify, nameless, signature, assignment, letter, alphabet, sign on, endorse, inceptive, all along, naming ceremony, headmost, block capitals.
- Common misspellings:
- intial (45%)
- inital (33%)
- intitial (6%)
- initail (4%)
- intital (2%)
- initital (2%)
- innitial (2%)
- Examples of usage:
These result from the size and character of the initial play material, for dolls like these invite an entirely different type of treatment. - - "A Catalogue of Play Equipment", Jean Lee Hunt.
Initial before n, s, or t. - - "A Catalogue of Play Equipment", Jean Lee Hunt. - "1001 Questions and Answers on Orthography and Reading", B. A. Hathaway.
It cannot be denied, that it is proper to use a, and not proper to use an, before the initial sound of w or y with a vowel following. - - "A Catalogue of Play Equipment", Jean Lee Hunt. - "1001 Questions and Answers on Orthography and Reading", B. A. Hathaway. - "The Grammar of English Grammars", Goold Brown.
- These result from the size and character of the initial play material, for dolls like these invite an entirely different type of treatment.
Discover what are words like initial. Discover what is a synonym for initial. Discover what is another word for initial. Discover what is an alternative word for initial. Discover what are more words for initial.