- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as incise. On this page you can see how to spell incise. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of incise
- Correct spelling:
- separate (verb)
- sunder, disintegrate, halve, dissociate, uncouple, disengage, dissect, disaffiliate, bisect, dismantle, axe, alienate, insulate, separate, part, fragment, slice, rip, estrange, disassociate, break, amputate, unfix, pare, disassemble, disunite, cut, segregate, rend, divorce, cleave, unhinge, disconnect, excise, sever, disjoin, disarticulate, remove, detach, divide, split, scissor, unglue.
- groove (verb)
- groove, dig, channel, rut, furrow, dado, corrugate, cut, flute.
- notch (verb)
- cleave, serrate, chink, indent, gash, nick, slit, split, crack, cut, score, notch.
- Common misspellings:
- inisde (20%)
- incse (20%)
- invise (20%)
- intise (20%)
- incrise (20%)
- Examples of usage:
Why should some rude hand carve thy sacred stone, And there incise a cheap inscription? - - "Lucasta", Richard Lovelace.
Winding streams on plains may thus incise their meanders in solid rock as the plains are gradually uplifted. - - "Lucasta", Richard Lovelace. - "The Elements of Geology", William Harmon Norton.
- Why should some rude hand carve thy sacred stone, And there incise a cheap inscription?
Discover what are words like incise. Discover what is a synonym for incise. Discover what is another word for incise. Discover what is an alternative word for incise. Discover what are more words for incise.