- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as hectic. On this page you can see how to spell hectic. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of hectic
- Correct spelling:
- rash (adjective)
- reckless, thoughtless, desperado, brazen, incautious, impulsive, rash, breakneck, daring, impetuous, careless, foolhardy, irresponsible, audacious, daredevil, brash, unheedful, injudicious, imprudent, hotheaded.
- reckless (adjective)
- frantic, unmindful, indifferent, inattentive, thoughtless, imprudent, negligent, nonchalant, rash, irresponsible, wild, foolhardy, heedless, careless, daring, brash, reckless.
- Other synonyms:
- Grand Central Station, overactive, tumultuous, boisterous, frenzy, feverish, pyretic, hyperactive, feverous, disordered, busy season, excite, overwrought, hot, restless, frenzied, madhouse, burning, hum, buzz, heated, febrile, peak, confused, febrific, excited, fevered, lively, feelings, bustling, fervid, agitated, rambunctious.
- Common misspellings:
- hetic (58%)
- hecktic (24%)
- hactic (5%)
- hectick (2%)
- hectik (1%)
- hectec (1%)
- hecktik (1%)
- hecktick (1%)
- hecting (1%)
- hektic (1%)
- hetiec (1%)
- hectiv (1%)
- Examples of usage:
Her face looked worn; there was a hectic spot on each cheek and dark circles round the eyes. - - "Cumner & South Sea Folk, v5", Gilbert Parker.
The physicians who, at instigation, attended him, looked at his hectic cheek and consumptive frame, and readily flattered his desire; and Talbot, less interested in behalf on his own account than bound by his promise to Clarence, generously extended to the artist that bounty which is the most precious prerogative of the rich. - - "Cumner & South Sea Folk, v5", Gilbert Parker. Talbot's no Warner's - "The Disowned, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
Our problem is to put the principles of courtesy into practice even in this hurried and hectic Twentieth Century of ours. - - "Cumner & South Sea Folk, v5", Gilbert Parker. Talbot's no Warner's - "The Disowned, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton. - "The Book of Business Etiquette", Nella Henney.
- Her face looked worn; there was a hectic spot on each cheek and dark circles round the eyes.
Discover what are words like hectic. Discover what is a synonym for hectic. Discover what is another word for hectic. Discover what is an alternative word for hectic. Discover what are more words for hectic.