Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words,
such as happen. On this page you can see how to spell happen. Also,
for some words, you can find their
definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
bump, chance, come about, encounter, find, go on, hap, occur, pass, pass off, take place.
come to pass; occur
appear, arise, arrive, befall, betide, bump, chance, come about, come after, come into being, come off, crop up, develop, down, ensue, eventuate, fall, follow, go on, issue, light, luck, materialize, meet, pass, proceed, recur, result, shake, smoke, spring, stumble, supervene, take effect, take place, transpire, turn up, turn out, HIT, become of, stumble upon, present itself, be found, become a fact, become known, come into existence, what goes.
pass, take place, come to pass.
arise, befall, develop, ensue, eventuate, follow, occur, transpire.
Examples of usage:
– The Mystery of the Hasty Arrow by Anna Katharine Green
– The Orange-Yellow Diamond by J. S. Fletcher
– The Putnam Tradition by Sonya Hess Dorman
– Tom Swift among the Fire Fighters or, Battling with Flames from the Air by Victor Appleton
– The Lady Of Blossholme by H. Rider Haggard