- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as government. On this page you can see how to spell government. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of government
- Correct spelling:
- control (noun)
- leadership, control, discipline, management, bridle, oversight, harness, conn, helm, domination, direction, command, administration.
- command (noun)
- commission, direction, will, law, charge, prowess, grasp, supremacy, command, management, power, mastery, domination, reign, rule, sovereignty, control, sway, mandate, coordination, discipline, grip, hold, authority.
- Other synonyms:
- affairs, assembly, diet, political science, regimentation, convention, brass, superiority, caretaker government, handling, city council, city hall, jurisdiction, directory, synod, prerogative, judicature, autarky, public life, authorities, regimen, politicking, influence, government activity, presidential term, governance, superintendency, political relation, congress, convocation, soviet, state, regime, anarchy, chamber, politicize, political, regulation, Capitol Hill, hegemony, centralism, preponderance, governing, political sympathies, presidency, cabinet, organisation, court, organization, giving medication, public affairs, over, autocracy, ascendancy, caucus, apparatus, supervision, superintendence, intendance, authorization, equity, patronage, running, establishment, operation, big government, ministry, dominion, predominance, parliament, statecraft, banana republic, senate, polity, absolutism, coalition, legislature, autonomy, disposal, council, party, politics, politically, stewardship, bureaucracy, care, guidance, governing body.
- Common misspellings:
- goverment (59%)
- governement (11%)
- govenment (5%)
- governemnt (5%)
- governemt (2%)
- govenrment (2%)
- governemtn (1%)
- governent (1%)
- governmnet (1%)
- Examples of usage:
See that thou art present in the Government House this afternoon at three by the clock to answer their questions." - - "The Princess Pocahontas", Virginia Watson.
If they'd tell you straight out what they was going to give you, you wouldn't mind; but if there was twenty ways of telling the truth and only one way of telling a lie, the Government would find it out. - - "The Princess Pocahontas", Virginia Watson. - "O'Flaherty V. C.", George Bernard Shaw.
They said she had " government," and certainly we had a very easy time of it. - - "The Princess Pocahontas", Virginia Watson. - "O'Flaherty V. C.", George Bernard Shaw. no - "Stories of Many Lands", Grace Greenwood.
- See that thou art present in the Government House this afternoon at three by the clock to answer their questions."
Discover what are words like government. Discover what is a synonym for government. Discover what is another word for government. Discover what is an alternative word for government. Discover what are more words for government.