- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as gather. On this page you can see how to spell gather. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of gather
- Correct spelling:
- focus (verb)
- intersect, funnel, center, rally, converge, focus.
- believe (verb)
- believe, affirm, trust, conclude, deem, accept, assent, profess, hold, suppose, maintain, take for granted, presume, understand, assume, credit, surmise, judge, declare, put faith in, give faith.
- congregate (verb)
- meet, convene, assemble, muster, collect, congregate.
- wrinkle (noun)
- crease, ripple, corrugation, furrow, fold, infold, tuck, wrinkle, crimp, flection, pucker, pleat.
- convoke (verb)
- collect, convene, convoke, muster, assemble.
- socialize (verb)
- socialize, host, attend, talk, meet, hob-nob, befriend, converse, join.
- meet (verb)
- run into, join, assemble, welcome, receive, greet, bump into, encounter, meet.
- wrinkle (verb)
- crease, pucker, ripple, crimp, corrugate, pleat, fold, wrinkle, double, furrow, tuck.
- expect (verb)
- presuppose, suspect, contemplate, expect, surmise, infer, presume, foreknow, dread, envision, imagine, envisage, forebode, apprehend, anticipate, await, assume, deduce, foresee.
- take (verb)
- harvest, bag, abduct, appropriate, acquire, collect, nab, get, annex, levy, impound, monopolize, confiscate, take, procure, reap, amass, commandeer, usurp, catch, capture, grab, deprive.
- Other synonyms:
- pull together, understand, conglomerate, garner, tuck, pile up, pucker, get together, cumulate, forgather, meet, foregather, gathering, amass, accumulate, collect, assemble, congregate, infer.
- Common misspellings:
- gether (44%)
- geather (13%)
- gater (8%)
- garther (4%)
- gatehr (3%)
- gahter (3%)
- gathre (3%)
- gatheer (3%)
- gatther (2%)
- gther (2%)
- agther (2%)
- grather (2%)
- gaather (2%)
- gathe (2%)
- gother (2%)
- gatrher (1%)
- gaher (1%)
- gateher (1%)
- gatter (1%)
- Examples of usage:
" I that I can gather together enough to meet the notes, Colonel. - cal'late - "The Crisis, Volume 6", Winston Churchill.
At least, he understood that she was very young and pretty, and saw that she was excited, though he could not gather at once from her words or remember from his own experience what there was to be excited about. - cal'late - "The Crisis, Volume 6", Winston Churchill. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf.
Men gather about a good judge of cattle, and will back him up. - cal'late - "The Crisis, Volume 6", Winston Churchill. - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf. - "Hodge and His Masters", Richard Jefferies.
- " I that I can gather together enough to meet the notes, Colonel.
Discover what are words like gather. Discover what is a synonym for gather. Discover what is another word for gather. Discover what is an alternative word for gather. Discover what are more words for gather.