- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as forfeiture. On this page you can see how to spell forfeiture. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of forfeiture
- Correct spelling:
- punishment (noun)
- revenge, payment, burden, confinement, punishment, penalty, chastisement, distress, incarceration, agony, fine, sentence, execution, price, judgment, discipline, imprisonment, retribution, castigation, anguish, reprisal, crucifixion, correction, torture, affliction, verdict, persecution.
- loss (noun)
- ruin, shrinkage, depletion, divestiture, setback, penalty, privation, exhaustion, dispossession, dissolution, loss, dissipation, erosion, debit, attrition, decrement, decrease, deprivation, expropriation.
- noncompliance (noun)
- omission, disobedience, infraction, violation, infringement, noncompliance, neglect, transgression, evasion, bad faith.
- abandonment (noun)
- giving up, relinquishment.
- penalty (noun)
- premium, encumbrance, discipline, fine, chastisement, penalty, correction, burden, punishment, abatement, retribution, discount, judgment, handicap, drawback, deduction.
- Other synonyms:
- cancel, alienation, assign, assignment, blind trust, cause, ritual killing, bail, mulct, attest, forfeit, alienate, cancellation, sacrifice, damages.
- Common misspellings:
- forfiture (40%)
- forfieture (40%)
- forfeture (20%)
- Examples of usage:
The penalty for trading for one who was not free of the corporation was forfeiture of his goods. - - "Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed.", S. A. Reilly.
I was ignorant of legal procedure, but greatly feared that my non- appearance in the court would entail the forfeiture of the sureties, and, as the session was near an end, postpone the trial indefinitely. - - "Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed.", S. A. Reilly. - "The Mistress of Bonaventure", Harold Bindloss.
He is also to furnish a list of articles to the treasurer, previous to the auction, under the penalty of forfeiture of he enters into at the time he is appointed to that situation. - - "Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed.", S. A. Reilly. - "The Mistress of Bonaventure", Harold Bindloss. recognizances - "The Present Picture of New South Wales (1811)", David Dickinson Mann.
- The penalty for trading for one who was not free of the corporation was forfeiture of his goods.
Discover what are words like forfeiture. Discover what is a synonym for forfeiture. Discover what is another word for forfeiture. Discover what is an alternative word for forfeiture. Discover what are more words for forfeiture.