- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as firing. On this page you can see how to spell firing. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of firing
- Correct spelling:
- motivating (verb)
- thrusting, fomenting, throwing, impelling, shoving, pitching, nudging, motivating, poking, hurtling, lobbing, pushing, punching, triggering, jostling, urging, jerking, inspiring, shooting, knocking, stimulating, striking, jogging, flinging, fermenting, driving, inducing, instigating, provoking, propelling, encouraging, hastening, enticing, hurling, moving, catapulting, energizing, prompting, forcing, launching, ramming, jolting, heaving, prodding, goading, slinging, bumping, magnetizing.
- lighting (verb)
- radiating, lighting, glowing, flashing, flaring, glinting, scintillating, shining, fluorescing, illuminating, spotting, beaming, flooding, blazing, sparkling, glittering, gleaming, incandescing.
- exciting (verb)
- animating, exciting, exhilarating, arousing, agitating, energizing, disturbing, stimulating, disquieting, electrifying, inflaming.
- energizing (verb)
- charging, reviving, activating, forcing, energizing, invigorating, rousing, sparking, driving, empowering, recharging, powering.
- motivational (adjective)
- propelling, launching, motivational, moving, prompting, slinging, hastening, prodding, inciting, nudging, driving, jolting, pushing, goading, impelling.
- heating (verb)
- braising, charring, warming, parching, barbecuing, searing, grilling, sweltering, boiling, poaching, scorching, scalding, frying, simmering, singing, stewing, broiling, toasting, roasting, burning, cooking, heating, parboiling, baking.
- propelling (verb)
- launching, thrusting, casting, flicking, slinging, throwing, flinging, tossing, bowling, hurling, chucking, lobbing, precipitating, pelting, shoving, driving, projecting, prodding, pitching, compelling, pushing, catapulting, goading, butting, impelling, propelling, shunting, bunting, heaving, ramming, canting.
- Other synonyms:
- release, firing off, inflammation, sack, dismissal, sacking, liberation, fire, lighting, kindling, ignition, dismission, discharge.
- Common misspellings:
- fireing (86%)
- fiering (4%)
- firng (2%)
- firinig (2%)
- firiing (2%)
- fireinf (1%)
- friing (1%)
- fring (1%)
- firinng (1%)
- Examples of usage:
In less than half an hour after a firing commenced at - Durant's. - "A Sketch of the Life of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion", William Dobein James.
I was firing away all the while, but I don't know if I hit any of them. - Durant's. - "A Sketch of the Life of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion", William Dobein James. - "Ahead of the Army", W. O. Stoddard.
And a very good way of firing, too! - Durant's. - "A Sketch of the Life of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion", William Dobein James. - "Ahead of the Army", W. O. Stoddard. - "Prince Fortunatus", William Black.
- In less than half an hour after a firing commenced at
Discover what are words like firing. Discover what is a synonym for firing. Discover what is another word for firing. Discover what is an alternative word for firing. Discover what are more words for firing.