Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words,
such as escaped. On this page you can see how to spell escaped. Also,
for some words, you can find their
definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
independent, on the loose, freest, free-wheeling, at liberty, freewheeling, off the hook, on one's own, unengaged, unhampered, untrammeled, at large, free spirited, free-spirited, on own.
unbound, Slackened, relaxed, unbolted, unconfined, unlatched, unsecured, unshackled, Unhooked, unpinned, uncaged, not fitting.
free, liberated, at large.
out of hand.
free as a bird.
at liberty, at-large, free, loose, on the loose.
shrunk, Abstained, Averted, Avoided, Circumvented, Declined, Dodged, Ducked, Eluded, Evaded, Recoiled, Shirked, Shrank, Shunned, Skipped, bypassed, sidestepped.
Emigrated, broke out, broken out, got away, gotten away.
Examples of usage:
– A Prisoner in Fairyland by Algernon Blackwood
– God's Good Man by Marie Corelli
– Slippy McGee, Sometimes Known as the Butterfly Man by Marie Conway Oemler
– The Three Lieutenants by W.H.G. Kingston
– The Regent's Daughter by Alexandre Dumas (Pere)