- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as elaborate. On this page you can see how to spell elaborate. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of elaborate
- Correct spelling:
- ornately spoken or written (adjective)
- eloquent, flamboyant, voluble, highfalutin, bloated, ponderous, gilded, showy, bombastic, inflated, ornate, opulent, flowery, rhetorical, rich, rococo, embellished, splashy, lofty, fancy, florid, grandiloquent, high-sounding, baroque.
- ornamented (verb)
- plain, flashy, gaudy, refined, dressy, spangled, ordinary, extravagant, ostentatious, imposing, fussy, elegant, decorated.
- improve (verb)
- refine, enhance, further, renovate, better, upgrade, improve, embellish, progress, garnish, enrich, correct, advance.
- complicated (adjective)
- complicated, labyrinthine, perplexing, confounded, complex, knotted, intricate, tangled, confused, involved, snarled.
- Other synonyms:
- deliver, detailed, report, fancy, simple, give someone to understand (that), enlarge, special, flesh out, blow-by-blow, extensive, dilate, inflate, thrive, work up, riotous, perplex, magnify, profuse, thorough, exercise, rectify, solve, Daedalian, plump, full, thorough, plain, compute, luxuriant, sophisticated, confusing, fatten up, labored, labyrinthian, Byzantine, epicurean, figure, fat, out of the ordinary, set forth, remarkable, careless, exuberant, difficult, edited, distend, extend, plump out, lucubrate, lick, spread out, down, expound, advise, laborious, fatten out, knotty, work, particularized, divulge, particular, sophisticated, exotic, work out, broad-brush, brief, let someone know, lush, blow-by-blow, boom, convoluted, refine, general, unique, figure out, circumstantial, simple, amplify, offbeat, careful, voluptuary, labyrinthian, calculate, expand, sophisticated, studied, complicate, voluptuous, luxurious, daedal, painstaking, full, puzzle out, rarify, fatten, broad, sybaritic, cypher, blow up, unusual, polish, cipher, reckon, tell, surprising, flourish, minute, descriptive, contorted, elaborated, round, expatiate, particular, incomprehensible, involute, fill out, odd, sophisticated, relay, 101, circumstantial, exposit, point out, convoluted, notable, particularized, fine-tune.
- Common misspellings:
- ellaborate (25%)
- elaberate (21%)
- eleborate (13%)
- eloborate (11%)
- elborate (8%)
- elaborite (4%)
- elabrate (3%)
- elabrote (2%)
- elabroate (2%)
- allaborate (2%)
- Examples of usage:
He asked elaborate and carefully loaded questions. - - "Long Ago, Far Away", William Fitzgerald Jenkins AKA Murray Leinster.
I never heard a more elaborate, more able, more convincing, and more shameful speech. - - "Long Ago, Far Away", William Fitzgerald Jenkins AKA Murray Leinster. - "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. VI. (of 12)", Edmund Burke.
Sir James Paget, the Vice- Chairman of the Council, delivered an elaborate and eloquent address on the purposes and the importance of the Exhibition. - - "Long Ago, Far Away", William Fitzgerald Jenkins AKA Murray Leinster. - "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. VI. (of 12)", Edmund Burke. - "Speeches and Addresses of H. R. H. the Prince of Wales: 1863-1888", Edward VII.
- He asked elaborate and carefully loaded questions.
Discover what are words like elaborate. Discover what is a synonym for elaborate. Discover what is another word for elaborate. Discover what is an alternative word for elaborate. Discover what are more words for elaborate.