- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as discomfited. On this page you can see how to spell discomfited. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of discomfited
- Correct spelling:
disappointingly unsuccessful; " disappointed expectations and thwarted ambitions"; " their foiled attempt to capture Calais"; " many frustrated poets end as pipe- smoking teachers"; " his best efforts were thwarted"
- humbled (verb)
- humiliated, fazed, disconcerted, abashed, mortified, embarrassed, humbled.
- shamed (verb)
- shown up, pilloried, maligned, ridiculed, dishonored, showed up, exposed, disgraced, stigmatized, debunked, vilified, mocked, shamed, scandalized, ostracized, humiliated.
- Other synonyms:
- uncomfortable, foiled, defeated, frustrated, disappointed, unsuccessful, embarrassed, thwarted.
- Common misspellings:
- discrimited (100%)
- Examples of usage:
He crossed his knees in a discomfited silence. - - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf.
At any rate, raging like a maniac, the discomfited husband went back to his empty house. - - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf. - "The Countess of Albany", Violet Paget (AKA Vernon Lee).
Mary was discomfited, and Verdon and Tell were immensely amused when Lennard proved herself mistress of the situation. - - "Night and Day", Virginia Woolf. - "The Countess of Albany", Violet Paget (AKA Vernon Lee). Mrs. Mrs. Mrs. - "A Vanished Hand", Sarah Doudney.
- He crossed his knees in a discomfited silence.
Discover what are words like discomfited. Discover what is a synonym for discomfited. Discover what is another word for discomfited. Discover what is an alternative word for discomfited. Discover what are more words for discomfited.