- English - United States is currently selected. Change
Spellweb is your one-stop resource for definitions, synonyms and correct spelling for English words, such as consistency. On this page you can see how to spell consistency. Also, for some words, you can find their definitions, list of synonyms, as well as list of common misspellings.
Spell check of consistency
- Correct spelling:
- intelligibility (noun)
- plainness, crispness, intelligibility, straightforwardness, clearness, understandability, lucidity, comprehensibility, perspicuity, legibility, directness, coherence, clarity.
- order (noun)
- symmetry, normality, order, organization, steadiness, uniformity, efficiency, stability, method, regularity, arrangement, normalcy, system, balance, harmony.
- cohesion (noun)
- conformity, union, continuity, connection, solidarity, connectedness, indivisibility, inseparability, integration, indissolubility, unity, cohesiveness, congruity, coherence, cohesion, adherence, integrity.
- conformity (noun)
- conformance, acquiescence, submissiveness, conformity, correctness, accordance, adherence, observance, etiquette, regularity, manner, submission, obedience, tradition, compliance, congruity, ritual, formality, convention, propriety, custom.
- harmony (noun)
- persistence, disagreement, compatibility, appropriateness, proportion, correspondence, incongruity.
- uniformity (noun)
- seamlessness, homogeneity, invariability, likeness, sameness, uniformity, conformity, regularity, constancy, monotony, alikeness, evenness, steadiness, conformance, consonance.
- stability (noun)
- stability, firmness, invariableness, steadfastness, constancy, steadiness, persistency, durability, solidness, permanence, immovability, continuity, changelessness.
- Other synonyms:
- delicacy, physical structure, flexibility, accord, concord, absorbency, trunk, body, pliability, density, solidity, state, soundbox, texture, preservation, elasticity, dead body, organic structure, continuation, thickness, unison, state of matter, consistence, agreement, survival, softness, viscidity, suppleness, unanimity, amity, eubstance, hardness, consent, plasticity, volatility, agree, naturalness, viscosity, longevity, astringency, effervescence, torso, concurrence, eternity, permeability.
- Common misspellings:
- consistancy (78%)
- consitency (6%)
- consistancey (3%)
- consistentcy (2%)
- consistensy (2%)
- consistencey (1%)
- consitancy (1%)
- consistance (1%)
- Examples of usage:
The waves did not shake it, but gently beat it into a solid consistency. - - "Plutarch's Lives, Volume I (of 4)", Plutarch.
Consistency is the greatest crime of our commercial age. - - "Plutarch's Lives, Volume I (of 4)", Plutarch. - "Anarchism and Other Essays", Emma Goldman.
Beat up the mixture well, and should the above proportion of milk not be found sufficient to make it of the proper consistency, a little more should be added. - - "Plutarch's Lives, Volume I (of 4)", Plutarch. - "Anarchism and Other Essays", Emma Goldman. - "The Book of Household Management", Mrs. Isabella Beeton.
- The waves did not shake it, but gently beat it into a solid consistency.
Discover what are words like consistency. Discover what is a synonym for consistency. Discover what is another word for consistency. Discover what is an alternative word for consistency. Discover what are more words for consistency.